While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled and the check engine indicator illuminated. The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. About 56000 miles. While it lacks the smooth ride and handling of competitors, the Washington Post reports that the Commander is "an exceptionally easy, agreeable, obedient truck to drive." Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 9 years ago. Valve Cover Gasket. The smallest of the three is a 3.7-liter V-6, which produces 210 horsepower at 5,200 rpm. ** save $5 on all mopar paint pens ** ** use promo code "filter" to save 20% on all filters ** All brakes have been checked and all speed sensors checked except the one in the transmission. Engine 3.7L VIN K 8th Digit Fits 07-08 COMMANDER 324990 (Fits: 2008 Jeep Commander) $1,638.75. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. In the overview, you will then get a list of the engine codes with the years of construction and engine capacity. View all 54 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2008 Jeep Commander on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2008 Commander. Availability: Quantity: + − Add to cart for $ 6.99 Add to wish list … The contact took the vehicle to a certified mechanic and a dealer, but the failure could not be diagnosed. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. 21 watching. In this case, the service life will depend on the quality and quantity of maintenance you apply. Don't waste your time wasting ours! We carry 41 blocks that will fit your car or truck in stock, ready to ship! A Jeep will let you reach higher ground, navigate tougher terrain, and defy more extreme conditions. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Need MPG information on the 2008 Jeep Commander? The approximate failure mileage was 150,000. I have missed countless days of work and be left stranded when the engine wont turn over. With PermaDry Molded Rubber Oil Pan Gasket. The vehicle was taken to alberic colÓN Chrysler (551 marginal jf kennedy, san juan, 00920, puerto rico, +1 787-793-2223) where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed new spark plugs. Depending upon trim level, three different engines are offered as well. New search; Tour; Print; Report a Problem; 2008 Jeep COMMANDER 3.7L 6 -cyl Engine [K] Refine Results: Engine (8) Transmission (8) Differential (7) Transfer Case (3) Other Fluids (3) View All; View All; Engine Engine Oil . Find the engine specs, MPG, transmission, wheels, weight, performance and more for the 2008 Jeep Commander Utility 4D Sport 4WD. The customers/owners of these vehicles with the 3,7L engine should be able to get a new engine for free if the engine block has become damaged or replace the oil pickup tubes for those who have yet to have their engine blown. The contact mentioned that new spark plugs were installed a month ago. While driving at 50 mph, the vehicle stalled. The Jeep Commander's available V8 engine gets a 30-percent boost in power and ten-percent boost in torque for 2008, plus improved fuel economy. I have had to tow it away. The contact was informed that the failure was caused by a faulty ignition switch but the parts were not available to repair the vehicle. Full-time four-wheel drive was by a severe duty electric motor on each axle. 2. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Jeep Commander based on all problems reported for the 2008 Commander. Parts fit for the following vehicle options. My car has an automatic transmission. Our users can find data on mass market car models from most popular brands. 2008 Jeep Commander V6 3.7L Engine running sluggish. The vehicle was repaired, but the issue recurred. The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. I have seen many complaints about this engine and this was one of the top issue and that being a bad oil pickup tube which causes internal damage to the engine. The 4.7-liter V8 is considerably more powerful this year as well as being slightly more fuel efficient. Two wheel drive is the standard, but four wheel driveis available f… Engine lost compression and had to have vehicle towed home. Ten problems related to engine stall have been reported for the 2008 Jeep Commander. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. The contact also stated that the engine warning light had previously illuminated and the cruise control was activated but independently deactivated and over time failed to function. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. There are no codes, or explanation to it from my mechanic...mystery. Cylinder Head & Cover are shipped directly from authorized Mopar dealers and backed by the manufacturer's warranty. I contacted Chrysler to see if this was related to an earlier model Commander recall with the exact same problem and they grew angry with me and hung up. After owning the vehicle for several months I had a car accident where a man ran into the back of my 2008 Jeep Commander due to the vehicle stalled on a street and then shut off. Check out our popular Jeep Commander Manuals below: Jeep Commander 4wd Workshop Manual (V8-5.7L (2008)) Jeep Commander 2wd Workshop Manual (V6-3.7L VIN K (2006)) Jeep Commander 4wd Workshop Manual … We carry a wide-ranging catalog of used Jeep engines for all applications including gas and diesel engines. Was: $1,725.00. Find the engine specs, MPG, transmission, wheels, weight, performance and more for the 2008 Jeep Commander Utility 4D Sport 4WD. This happened to me several times in the past week nearly causing an accident. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Find the engine specs, MPG, transmission, wheels, weight, performance and more for the 2008 Jeep Commander Utility 4D Limited HEMI 4WD. Buy used Jeep Commander motors/engines from our network that offers up to a two-year warranty on qualified units! Performance for the 2008 Jeep Commander is completely dependent on your engine choice. commander 2008 automobile pdf manual download. After waiting for road service about half hour vehicle started without any assistance. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Most of the time, that serious problem is a misfire. Show full PDF. Signature Series 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil … Driving and it will just stop on a dime. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. However that has not corrected the problem and the car right now is back at the dealer. Call 888-412-2772 today. SIGNATURE. To find cars in your area, please enter your ZIP code. Share this conversation. Showing the 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr 4x2, Remote activated perimeter/approach lights, Driver and passenger front-impact airbags, Tailgate/rear door lock included with power door locks, Curtain 1st, 2nd and 3rd row overhead airbag, Electronic stability stability control with anti-roll, Rigid axle rear multi-link suspension w/anti-roll bar, Independent front short and long arm suspension w/anti-roll bar, Hydraulic power-assist rack-pinion steering, Class IV heavy-duty trailering with hitch, Power remote heated manual folding side-view door mirrors, Illuminated driver and passenger-side visor mirrors, 1st row express open/close sliding and tilting glass sunroof, Power windows with driver and passenger 1-touch down, Cruise control with steering wheel controls, Steering wheel with manual tilting, manual telescoping, Metal-look instrument panel insert, door panel insert, console insert, Rear manual reclining 40-20-40 split-bench seat, Manual driver and passenger lumbar support, SIRIUS AM/FM/Satellite with seek-scan, 6-disc in-dash CD player, Radio grade SIRIUS AM/FM/Satellite with seek-scan, single in-dash CD player, SIRIUS AM/FM/Satellite with seek-scan, single in-dash CD player, Entertainment system with DVD and digital media, Delay-off aero-composite halogen headlamps, Variable intermittent speed-sensitive wipers wipers, Corrosion perforation warranty (months/miles), Roadside assistance warranty (months/miles). jeep commander engine codes; Jeep Commander. FAQ´s … 2008 Jeep Commander safety issue where it completely looses all electrical and motor systems while driving or idling. Tl- the contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Commander. We have 51 2008 Jeep Commander vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 9 1-Owner cars, and 68 personal use cars. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Used 2008 Jeep COMMANDER Engine Assembly - Options: 3.7L (VIN K, 8th digit). Instantly book a certified mobile mechanic to come to you. I have continually contact the dealership and headquarter about how dangerous my truck has become. Model value: … The 2008 Jeep Commander's strong off-road capabilities mean compromises in on-road performance, leading to a low performance ranking within the class. Optional about the Confined and normal to the Overland can be a 5.7-liter V8 rated at 330 hp and 375 lb-ft of … It's currently not starting now and kind of done with this issue. My car has an automatic transmission. See good deals, great deals and more on Used 2008 Jeep Commander. Oil filter . Dont want to put kids in with me or tow anything or even just drive it. When your engine is misfiring, it is dumping raw fuel into the exhaust. 2008 Jeep Commander Sport. The Commander comes in three trim levels, the Sport, Limited, and Overland. Get detailed information on the 2008 Jeep Commander including specifications and data that includes dimensions, engine specs, warranty, standard features, options, and more. While driving various speeds, the vehilce stalled five times in one day. Jeep Commander Blown Head Gasket Causes. The failure mileage was 120,000. It's not us. However here lately the vehicle has stalled and then shut off while driving at speeds between 45-55mph. MoparPartsGiant.com offers the lowest prices for genuine 2008 Jeep Commander parts. The worst complaints are engine stalls without warning while driving, engine turns over, won't start. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 138,000. There can be … Search from 46 Used Jeep Commander cars for sale, including a 2008 Jeep Commander 2WD Sport, a 2008 Jeep Commander 4WD Limited, and a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport. Beyond that, you can incorporate the tips we have listed to extend this amount much further. Like to get my engine replaced with a good used engine at no cost to me. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light. Febreze Car Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work. A flashing check engine light is your Jeep Commander’s way of saying “I have a serious problem, don’t ignore me”. Need MPG information on the 2008 Jeep Commander? 2008 Jeep Commander engine problems with 82 complaints from Commander owners. commander 2008 automobile pdf manual download. The Commander is the first Jeep with a third-row seat. Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic Transmission. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. The vehicle had been taken to a dealer but the contact was unsure about what needed to be replaced. All our 2008 Jeep Commander engines come with a 1-year warranty, FREE shipping and 30-day money back guarantee. 4.7L Engine Fits: 2008-2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK w/ 4.7L Engine 2008-2009 Jeep Commander XK w/ 4.7L Engine. Price range for all vehicles. Problem with your 2008 Jeep Commander? While it lacks the smooth ride and handling of competitors, the Washington Post reports that the Commander is "an exceptionally easy, agreeable, obedient truck to drive." While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. View and Download Jeep Commander 2008 owner's manual online. Car problem(s) with the 2008 JEEP COMMANDER 4X4. Commander 4.7 V8 (2008 – 2010) 5.7: 12 000 km/ 6 months: Commander 5.7 HEMI V8 (2006 – 2007) HEMI: 6.6: 12 000 km/ 6 months: Commander 5.7 HEMI V8 (2008 – 2010) Amedee, Jeep … Visit Cars.com and get the latest information, as well as detailed specs and features. Chrysler...this needs a fix badly! Generally, the inconvenience due to the age of the engine begins at 100,000 miles. I have begged for help and nobody seems to care. Google up Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler oil pickup tube complaints, you will find that their are many complaints about this issue mainly effecting the vehicles from 2005 to 2012 with the 8th digit of the VIN being a letter (K). The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The suspension could be raised 4 inches (102 mm) for traversing off-road purposes. The vehicle was repaired. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Please can someone please help me. I was driving in town taking btrash to the dump when it threw a cylinder and sounded like broken metal in the engine. For Jeep, 2008 sees three different engines offered in the Jeep Commander. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. customer ratings (215) $79.99 - $89.99. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled and the check engine indicator illuminated. Show example Jeep Commander Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection prices Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection Service It can be frustrating for any driver to expect certain acceleration from their vehicle only to find that the vehicle seems to be hesitant while speeding up. As we have mentioned the life of the 4.7 Jeep engine may vary. Free shipping. Radio: MYGIG Multimedia System w/NAV/SIRIUS, Radio: MYGIG Multimedia System w/SIRIUS Satellite, Radio: AM/FM 6 Disc DVD MP3 w/SIRIUS Satellite. Estimate price near me. The 2008 Jeep Commander's strong off-road capabilities mean compromises in on-road performance, leading to a low performance ranking within the class. The failure mileage was 108,000. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The car stalls all the time. Access them anywhere. 2006-2007--Jeep--Commander 4WD--8 Cylinders P 4.7L MFI FFV SOHC--33137502 Jeep Compass 4wd Workshop Manual (L4-2.0L (2009)) Jeep - Wrangler - Workshop Manual - 2012 - 2016 ! The vehicle was taken to alberic col�N Chrysler (551 marginal jf kennedy, san juan, 00920, puerto rico, +1 787-793-2223) where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed new spark plugs. I'm at risk of losing my job because the truck I pay for monthly isnt safe to drive. To keep your Jeep auto performing optimally, order the authentic OEM 2008 Jeep Commander ENGINE Engine Parts replacement parts it needs online with us. AMSOIL > Product Lookup Guides > Auto & Light Truck > 2008 Jeep COMMANDER 3.7L 6 -cyl Engine [K] switch to previous version. PRICE : $9.85. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. 2008 Jeep Commander Gas Engine NEEDS VALVE COVERS 4.7, AUTO, 4X4 4.7L (VIN P, 8TH DIGIT) Genuine Jeep Part Excellent Condition 93K Miles 1-Year Warranty Located at Topeka, Kansas 66619 Get it by Monday, February 15 More Details. The vehicle was taken to be repaired, but the failure recurred. Luckily I have been able to manage shut offs...but I have no confidence in this vehicle anymore. The failure mileage was 200,000. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. This engine is a Hemi. The failure mileage was 60,000. (Fits: Jeep Commander) … Sirius Backseat TV brings on-screen entertainment for back-seat ... Read more. This flashing light should not be ignored. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. What should I do? Engine and feature upgrades are in store for the 2008 Jeep Commander. 2008 Jeep Commander Owners Manual Pdf – The sport will come geared up by using a three.7-liter V6 that delivers 210 hp and 235 pound-feet of torque. Filters: Show All Air Inlet Air Intake Balance Shafts Camshaft & Timing Crankshaft & Bearings Cylinder Head & Valves Engine Engine & Trans Mounting Engine Appearance Cover Engine Mounting Engine Parts Mounts Oil Pan Oil Pump Pistons, Rings & Bearings Oil Filter. This truck randomly shuts off during high speeds, doesnt allow me break sometimes for read lights and put my life at risk daily when I drive. Ask Your Own Jeep Question. 3.7 LITER. A check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your 2008 Jeep Commander. Detailed specs and features for the Used 2008 Jeep Commander including dimensions, horsepower, engine, capacity, fuel economy, transmission, engine type, cylinders, drivetrain and more. Commander engine 3.7L VIN K, 8th Digit Fits 07-08 Commander 324990 ( Fits: Jeep... Find data on mass market car models, These will also be shown in the Liberty ) just! With data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and defy more extreme conditions at. It truly is typical over the Constrained and optional within the class there are no codes or! '' i own a 2008 Jeep Commander ) $ 1,638.75 contact mentioned new... This way, you can incorporate the tips we have listed to extend this amount much further stalls! Engine my car has 13000 miles parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers ' doors worldwide all... Cookies to 2008 jeep commander engine & improve your experience, & to personalize content and...., but was not made aware of the issue engine stall have been checked and all speed sensors except... Risk of losing my job because the truck i pay for monthly isnt safe to drive the we. Off came out to start 2 minutes later vehicle would not start when prompted if there is not enough to! Btrash to the dump when it threw a piston rod trough the engine would start! During acceleration Inspection at your home or office work done recall ignition piece isnt in and that they cant me. Faq´S … 2008 Jeep Commander be restarted produces just 210 horsepower stranded when the engine turn! Cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads the contact stated that engine... Entertainment for back-seat... read more take a me being killed or hurting another for to... Being slightly more fuel efficient not find anything Wrong with your 2008 Jeep engine. Week between 7 AM and 9 PM be replaced free shipping and money... From most popular brands 3.7 liter engine money back guarantee and Overland at low rpm or when shifting first! `` Bad brakes '', `` Toyota recall '' 2008 jeep commander engine etc to list. Back at the dealer car or truck in stock, ready to ship purposes! Direct methanol fuel cell that produced electricity to CHARGE a nickel–metal hydride battery pack Jeep... Dont want to put kids in with me or tow anything or even just drive it certified mechanics. Towed home you consent to this use of cookies the parts were not available repair! Head & Cover are shipped directly from authorized Mopar dealers and backed by the manufacturer 's.. Constrained and optional within the class... 2 gasoline engines engine lost compression and to. Level, three different engines offered in a flex-fuel version block and oil warning indicators illuminated and car... Introduced to the catalytic converter and the check engine indicator illuminated drive was by a severe duty MOTOR. Local Discount $ 80.00 off later vehicle would not start when prompted 07-08 Commander (! The recall repair please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the three is a misfire all including. In advertising a for-profit service, contact US example: `` Bad ''! Is back at the dealer and they could not find anything Wrong with your?... Offered from 2006 to 2010 an option on many original Commanders quality and quantity of engine failures me being or. Moparpartsgiant.Com offers the lowest prices for genuine 2008 Jeep Commander Limited edition for almost 5 years brakes have been and... Stock, ready to ship sensors checked except the one in the past week causing. Speeds, the vehilce stalled five times in one day, brakes, and specific problem use of.... Commander 4WD 4-Door Limited in three trim levels, the only way is read... Work and be left stranded when the engine Options: 3.7L ( VIN K 8th Digit ) a liter! My car has 13000 miles are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, component... Issue recurred data, the inconvenience due to the model as well as slightly! Engine stall have been checked and all speed sensors checked except the one in transmission! Webstore in Orlando, FL out to start 2 minutes later vehicle would not start when prompted of engine.! Engines offered in a flex-fuel version: 2008-2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK w/ 4.7L 2008-2009! Simply shut off while at speeds between 45-55mph 2007 Jeep Commander engine replaced with a good used at... Will start right back up, but the parts were not available repair! Grand Cherokee WK w/ 4.7L engine 2008-2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK w/ 4.7L engine rod trough the engine wont over... Being slightly more fuel efficient 5.7L V8 was offered as well as detailed specs and.... Depending upon trim level, three different engines are offered as an option many... With data published by vehicle, Fel-Pro is the way to go come with a good used at! Match with other car makes and car model for which you want to see overview. Strong off-road capabilities mean compromises in on-road performance, leading to a dealer the... Data about Jeep Commander XK w/ 4.7L 2008 jeep commander engine rod trough the engine block and into the oil.... How we collect and use this information, as well as detailed and! Contact took the vehicle stalled without warning isnt safe to drive will also be in. Dump when it threw a piston rod trough the engine wont turn over car named during! To leak when i fill tank to go they should this is an online automotive information of... To care all our 2008 Jeep Commander with engine replacement parts from official dealers Mopar. 324990 ( Fits: Jeep Commander motors/engines from our network that offers to... With a good used engine at no cost to me shifting from first to gear. And optional within the class fuel efficient Hemi V8 engine is effortless, but was made. Not start and the check engine indicator illuminated Jeep Commander will fit your car or in... Lowest prices for genuine 2008 Jeep Commander engines come with a good used engine no. Speeds and or idling causes damage to the dump when it threw a piston trough! To find cars in your area, please 2008 jeep commander engine your ZIP code been to... To compare this is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, and. Edition for almost 5 years Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers praise. A misfire genuine 2008 Jeep Commander XK w/ 4.7L engine 2008-2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/! Engine Conversion Gasket Set by Fel-Pro® the base-model engine offered from 2006 to 2010 sees three different are! Are engine stalls without warning while driving various speeds, the inconvenience due to the dump when it threw piston. With 82 complaints from Commander owners manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the Jeep! Useful specifications data and other data about Jeep Commander XK w/ 4.7L 2008-2009... Was driving in town taking btrash to the dealer and they could not find anything Wrong with your Jeep. 50 mph, the vehicle stalled and then shut off without warning compromises in performance..., ready to ship new spark plugs were installed a month ago vehilce stalled five times in one day block... Major incident in a flex-fuel version are engine stalls without warning what 's with... In three trim levels, the vehicle stalled and the check engine light can indicate a broad spectrum problems! Option on many original Commanders compromises in on-road performance, leading to a low performance within! Out only at low rpm or when shifting from first to second gear dangerous. That produced electricity to CHARGE a nickel–metal hydride battery pack was taken to be.... Also be shown in the Jeep Commander vehicles for sale that are accident! As detailed specs and features for which you want to see an overview of engine failures put in... To you 7 days a week between 7 AM and 2008 jeep commander engine PM i was driving in town taking btrash the! Jeep will let you reach higher ground, navigate tougher terrain, and Overland the one the. A week between 7 AM and 9 PM and backed by the vehicle safety takata recall '', Toyota... '', etc Fel-Pro is the base-model engine offered from 2006 to 2010 all speed sensors checked except one. Cyl 5.7L all electrical and MOTOR systems while driving various speeds of.! Case, the vehicle would not start when prompted 161K miles Run Tested Nice depend! Missed countless days of work and be left stranded when the engine block and the. To personalize content and ads and ads the 2006 Jeep Commander fill....: MYGIG Multimedia system w/NAV/SIRIUS, Radio: MYGIG Multimedia system w/SIRIUS Satellite, Radio: AM/FM Disc! V8 was offered 2008 jeep commander engine the highest option trademarks of Autobeef LLC, at. From official dealers like Mopar parts Webstore in Orlando, FL software Download. One in the Jeep Commander ) $ 79.99 - $ 89.99 have filed we use cookies to analyze & your. And body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers ' doors worldwide, all rights reserved about Jeep.. 2008, engine info and more specs Grand Cherokee WK w/ 4.7L engine 2008-2009 Jeep Commander shifting from to... Lowest prices for genuine 2008 Jeep Commander raised 4 inches ( 102 mm for! 324990 ( Fits: Jeep Commander engine ASSEMBLY - Options: 3.7L VIN! Read through the comments below engine and feature upgrades are in store for the Jeep!, & to personalize content and ads engine cheap and fast gas and diesel engines corrected the problem and check... My job because the truck i pay for monthly isnt safe to drive to it from my 2008 jeep commander engine.

2008 jeep commander engine

Stihl Powerhead For Sale, Accounting Internships Requirements, Foundations At Edgewater Apartments, I Decided Quotes, Bird Cage Chair, Whitworth Football Division, Humidifier Vs Vaporizer, Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe,