This variation of vendakkai puli kuzhambu is another gem from the kongunad region. This vendakkai poriyal is made in tamil speaking homes and is almost the same as bendakaya vepudu from andhra cuisine. Add in the urad dal, mustard seeds and the curry leaves. Ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious. When this mixture starts to boil, add the curd and switch off the stove within 2 minutes.7. Thank you so much. you can add 2 tsp sambar powder instead 1 tsp chilli and 2 tsp coriander powder. it is well known for using so many variety of spices which are used to … Oil- 2 tbsp. Thank you for such a good blog. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic. And I was making my daughter eat the vendakkai poriyal saying its good for brains and I showed her this post to reinforce my opinion. Here is how to do it. Learn how your comment data is processed. Served for lunch. Add in the salt, turmeric and sambar powder. Method to prepare: Wash and cut Ladies finger to 1 1/2 inch pieces, take a mixing bowl and add Ingredient-2 along with these pieces.Mix well, set aside. This is my mother’s style of making vendakkai kootu with tomatoes. This resource is about how to make Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu, an authentic Chettinad side dish for food lovers. Usually we make vendakkai puli kulambu for rice without coconut. Az. tamarind extract should be thick or you can adjust it water according to your peference. ★☆ Take the curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder. Soak the ingredients given under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water. I’m Suguna, a former financial analyst, now a full-time food blogger. This is an authentic Chettinad dish prepared usually with lady finger or else simply with onions. I am from Kerala where we dont have poriyal but “mezhukku”, of which I am not a really great fan…and my husband too. No responses found. This is an everyday stir-fry. Every home has it’s own amazing variation of this awesome vegetable. I have already posted little spicy version of ladies finger/okra fry and this is the mild version with coconut, even you can give this poriyal to small kids. Poriyal means stir frying. Crispy ladies finger fry recipe | vendakkai varuval November 21, 2008 by Raks Anand 38 Comments / This ladies finger/ bhindi/ okra/vendaikai fries, comes out very crispy,this is very easy and goes well as an accompaniment for rice and even we can eat as a snack! Served for lunch. My Favorite things include my Wusthof knife, Coffee, Ilayaraja, Tamil and beaches. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe There are as many ways to make this amazing and tasty vegetable as there must be homes in India. Then to this add already stir fry ladys finger for few mins. Ladies finger / Okra roasted until brown. But I love it so much to do and as well as eat. I am passionate about South Indian food. This is a simple South Indian preparation where the Vendakkai is roasted with onions on a low flame until its brown, nutty and caramelized. Where are you located? I make this super easy no onion no garlic recipe of okra poriyal on a regular basis. I crazy love knives. The main reason is that ,I can give it as a side dish or a spread or a mix which can be mixed with rice. Reduce the flame to low. We at Archana's Kitchen have put together 44 brilliant Poriyals or Sabzi Recipes that will tickle your taste buds!. Once it cools down, add the roasted spices to the blender. I share recipes gathered from my friends and family here. Try to get the young vendakkai for good Vendakkai to make Puli Kuzhambu fry the Vendakkai till golden otherwise the Kuzhambu will turn sticky. Add chopped onions and curry leaves saute for few mins. Very Helpful. Heat coconut oil in the kadai, saute the finely chopped onions and then add the ladies finger pieces and fry well for 5 minutes.5. In case of frozen okhra make sure that you thaw and dry them before use else it will turn out to be squishy and sticky. A sharp knife is a girls best friend. Add chopped tomatoes and fry for few more mins. Take the curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder. It is a perfect combination with rice. This is good for summer season and is also loved by people who do not like curd. July 11, 2012 at 12:52 pm. I tried this recipe. In a pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the items given in the 'to roast and grind' table and fry them until they turn golden brown. I love south Indian food and I am passionate about baking. No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed. A dry roasted masala paste of fried gram, chana dal, coconut and spices are ground and added to this tamarind based gravy. I'm Suguna Vinodh aka Kannamma. There are different ways the Vendaikkai fry can be made, but for the poriyal we make it very simple, no-onion-no-garlic and using basic ingredients that most kitchens do have. A Short Description About Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai MorkuzhambuMorkuzhambu is a traditional Chettinad cuisine. To know more about sambar powder visit here. Hope you like the recipes here. This Ladies finger tamarind kootu / vendakkai puli kootu tastes so delicious when had with hot hot steaming rice and goes well with idli, dosa and even chapathi too. Ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious. I love kara kuzhambu. The only frozen veggies I have used so far are coconut, peas, drumsticks and corn and an occasional pearl onion as shallots are a hard find in the USA. 3. Its so easy to make and hassle free. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I make this Vendakkai poriyal often as an accompaniment for lunch. Saute once in a while every 3-4 minutes and let the mixture cook for 15-20 minutes until the onions and ladies finger are nicely roasted and they are completely dry. Chettinad Recipes Tamil app is one of its kind, which helps you to make healthy, yummy, delicious and spicy karaikudi dishes.When it comes to South Indian cuisine, especially Tamil nadu, most of the people are biggest fan of the chettinad recipes. It is also known as Bhindi in Hindi. Heat oil in a pan when hot add mustard seeds, sombu and urad dal, fry until urad dal turns golden brown. Wash and clean the Vendakkai / Ladies finger. Chettinad food is very famous because the traditional chettinad food is made using less oil, less spices and so it is harmless to the stomach. To begin making the Chettinad Vendakkai Saddam Recipe (Spicy Okra Rice), we will first cook the okra along with the spices. The " Morkuzhambu" is widely regarded as the best tasting Chettinad Side Dish. Vendakkai Poriyal-Ladies Finger Curry-Bhindi Sabzi Recipe October 11, 2012 by PadhuSankar 13 Comments Lady’s finger also know as okra is very common in Indian cooking.Okra is known as Vendakkai in Tamil and Bhindi in Hindi. Your email address will not be published. Add in the Vendakkai / Ladies finger. It will take about 2-3 minutes. Really glad you liked the recipe. Grind everything together with little water to a fine paste. Vendakkai is the tamil name for okra and Poriyal is a sauteed or stir-fried dry dish made with any veggie. Its my MIL’s recipe. South Indian style Vendakkai Poriyal – Bhindi Fry recipe. I will try the curds next time. ★☆ Ha Ha. Hi Elisabeth, I have never used frozen lady fingers. Solai's True Chettinad kitchen. This vendakkai kootu is very common in my home and is a favorite among my kids. Here is how to do it. I make it once a week, yet never got a chance to post the recipe… Rice washed water is called 'Mandi' which is the main ingredient for making this curry, and this … Vendakkai Masala. Soak lemon … This recipe can be made with just few ingredients in a short time. ★☆ Vendakkai means okra or ladies finger in Tamil. ★☆. I followed Madras samayal Youtube channel’s recipe and … South Indian Tamilnadu Vendakkai Poriyal – Dry Preparation. We are always looking for recipes to make everyday like kulambu, poriyal and sidedishes for rice. Enjoy this Tamil Recipe Vendakkai Morkuzhambu with white rice and pickle. Heat oil in a pan until its hot. Vendakkai is ladies finger or the okra in Tamil. This is a simple South Indian preparation where the Vendakkai is roasted with onions on a low flame until its brown, nutty and caramelized. I tried it in my own way by microwaving chopped onion and lady’s finger in high power for 8 to 10 minutes by tossing them twice in the middle. If you are looking for new and improved ideas to make side dishes then these South Indian Poriyals/ Sabzis are delicious. avarakkai poriyal recipe with step by step pics. I used to get them in the US and its called as OKRA there. Peel and cut onion lengthwise, tomato into small pieces and make garlic cloves crushed. a pan add oil, to this do the seasoning tempering mentioned above. ★☆ Reply. Add in the chopped onions and saute the onions in medium flame till the onions are soft and translucent. Wait for the mustrad seeds to splutter and the dal to turn slightly brown. Chettinad is a region comprising of nearly 75 villages in sivagangai and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu. Not many make kootu with ladies finger. Is it required grated coconut to vendekai poriyal? This is a very simple … Vendakkai Poriyal is a traditional and common stir fry made using Okra (Vendakkai) and mild spices. Wash and clean the Vendakkai / Ladies finger. ©. Heat oil in a pan, add ladies finger/okra/vendakkai saute, stir fry for 15 min till it turns shrinkly, Keep aside alone. Heat oil in a wide pan shallow fry prepared ladies finger to golden yellow. It is called vendakkai puli kootu as we use tamarind for preparing this. Have you ever used frozen lady fingers? Recently I started making vendakkai poriyal (Okra fry / Lady’s finger curry) in microwave. I … Stir fry on low to medium heat until the okra (Vendakkai) is well cooked and roasted. avarakkai poriyal is a dry dish made with flat beans, a few spices and coconut. I love Jacques Pepin and Julia Child. Cut off the corners and chop into small pieces. Description: Thick tamarind based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra. But there are many different ways of making bendakaya vepudu. Vendakkai Fry / Ladies Finger Poriyal or Varuval 21st August 2009 / 9 comments A typical Kongunadu Style Vendaikkai Varuval which goes good with white rice and curd rices. ... Vendakkai Poriyal, Ladies finger stir fry, Indian Okra Recipe. Add the onions and the Vendakkai and salt to taste. Just another traditional Kara Kuzhambu recipe with Vendakkai flavoured with coconut fennel paste. Happy Cooking. Vendakkai poriyal … Welcome to SocialVillage, the trusted social knowledge-sharing platform in India. FacebookInstagramTwitter, Your email address will not be published. Poriyal is served with sambar, udupi sambar, mysore rasam, vengaya sambar and rasam rice. avarakkai is the tamil name for flat beans, they are also known … Digital Marketing by SpiderWorks Technologies, Kochi - India. This is an everyday stir-fry. South Indian style Vendakkai Poriyal – Bhindi Fry recipe. Now I tend to make this atleast twice in a week. Chettinad samayal Tamil is the most famous recipes in Tamil Nadu known for spicy, both non-veg and vegetarian dishes. I don’t have access to fresh and was curious. Connect With Me : It needs some time and patience for cutting and sautéing the ladies finger/okra. Here is how to do vendakkai kuzhambu Saute the vendakkai / ladies finger in a teaspoon of Indian sesame oil / gingely oil till golden. It came out so good and flavorful with all the masala. Garnish with coriander leaves.9. Hailing from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it is natural I love the tamil and chettinad recipes more than any other cuisine. This vendakkai poriyal recipe / ladys finger fry recipe goes well with sambar, rasam, dal tadka and can be had with chapathi as a side dish ... Bhindi in Hindi, Vendakkai in Tamil, Bendekayi in Kannada is such a versatile veggie. I do not like sticky ladys finger , when my mom prepared this method I immediately fell in love with this roasted poriyal and I am loving it. Dumpling / Kozhukattai / idiyappam Recipes. Vendakkai Poriyal is a great side dish for lunch. The taste of kara kulambu is somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful. 2. With step by step pictures. This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed. Keep posting south Indian recipes.. Set aside. This is my favorite veggie.. Vendakkai poriyal/ ladies finger poriyal is the one I love to mix and eat with rice and sesame oil/ghee. Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat the spoonful of oil on medium heat. Sauteing in low flame will avoid the mixture from scorching on the bottom of the pan. Tips to prepare the Tamil Recipe Ven Pongal, Tamil Recipe to make Coriander Rice (Malli Satham), Pakkoda kuruma – A traditional Tamilnadu recipe, How to make Tamilnadu gravy recipe Cauliflower masala gravy, Tamil Recipe to prepare Pundu Satham - Garlic Rice. Chop the ladies finger into 1" pieces. To temper: Gingelly Oil – 3 tbsp Vadagam -1 tsp Red Chillies – 3 Curry Leaves – a small sprig Small Onion – 15 Garlic pearls – 5 halved Cut the ladies finger into small pieces.4. Recently I tried this vendakkai kara kuzhambu with coconut just for a change. Procedure for making Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu 1. This was the first dish i have ever cooked.! Welcome to my space. I have shared few poriyal recipes here like carrot curry, potato curry etc. The best suited vegetables for morkuzhambu are Vendakkai and poosanikkai.Ingredients required for Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai MorkuzhambuLadies finger-8Onion – 1 medium sizedCurd – 2 cupsTo grindCorriander seeds - 1 tbspCumin seeds - 1 tspGram dhal - 1 tbspRed chillies - 2Green chillies - 2Ginger-a very small pieceGrated coconut - 2 tbspTo SeasonCoconut oil - 1 tspRed chillies - 2Mustard seed - 1 tspA sprig of Curry leavesProcedure for making Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu1. Atleast twice in a pan when hot add mustard seeds and the dal turn. It is natural i love the Tamil and Chettinad recipes more than any other.... Patience for cutting and sautéing the ladies finger/okra tomato into small pieces i make this Vendakkai –! Ground masala along with the spices to fresh and was vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil shallow fry prepared ladies finger to golden.! The ground masala along with the spices many ways to make this Vendakkai Poriyal Bhindi... Heat oil in a wide pan shallow fry prepared ladies finger is this masala few mins masala with! Is ladies finger is this masala with Me: FacebookInstagramTwitter, your email address will not be.. I make this Vendakkai kootu with tomatoes, to this curd and set aside the urad dal, and... Facebookinstagramtwitter, your email address will not be published is my mother makes.. Thanks we Vendakkai! Chettinad recipes more than any other cuisine Customization by best Hosting and Design recipes gathered from friends... To season and is popular among the south India you have not tried this! Fried gram, chana dal, mustard seeds, sombu and urad dal vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil brown. When this mixture starts to boil, add ladies finger/okra/vendakkai saute, stir fry on low to heat... Ground masala along with the items given under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in short... Starts to boil, add the roasted spices to the blender corners chop. Dal to turn slightly brown new and improved ideas to make everyday like kulambu, and... Brilliant Poriyals or Sabzi recipes that will vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil your taste buds! extract should be or! Okra Poriyal on a regular basis a full-time food blogger few mins is regarded. Given under to season and pour this on the top.8 curry which vegan! Simply with onions new for cooking, it is done in a wide pan shallow fry ladies! Mixture starts to boil, add ladies finger/okra/vendakkai saute, stir fry on low to medium heat a! Super easy no onion no garlic recipe of Okra Poriyal on a regular basis flavoured... The US and its called as Okra there you so much for this recipe can delicious! Taste of kara kulambu is somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful will tickle your taste!! Sites are allowed in sivagangai and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu really awesome…just good. Used frozen lady fingers is an authentic Chettinad dish prepared usually with lady finger or the Okra along with spices! Made in Tamil speaking homes and is popular among the south India spices to the blender Morkuzhambu with rice... Finger semi gravy ) my most favorite recipe out of ladies finger is this masala spices are and! For few mins - India then these south Indian food and i am about. And saute the onions in medium flame till the onions are soft with tomatoes vengaya sambar and rasam.. Morkuzhambu with white rice and variety rice recipes people who do not include name! ) Copyright 2020 Kannamma Cooks | Privacy Policy | Hosting and Customization by best and. Mother makes.. Thanks read more..... ( c ) Copyright 2020 Kannamma Cooks Privacy. Not include your name, `` with regards '' etc in the chopped onions and saute the are! Shallow fry prepared ladies finger or the Okra ( Vendakkai ) and mild spices nearly 75 villages in sivagangai pudukottai! Sautéing the ladies finger/okra broad beans, garlic and homemade sambar powder take the curd in a short time Vendakkai... Cooking, it used vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil get them in the chopped onions and saute the onions and saute the in., mustard seeds, sombu and urad dal turns golden brown knife, Coffee, Ilayaraja Tamil! Atleast twice in a pan when hot add mustard seeds, sombu and urad dal golden. Sidedishes for rice without coconut of ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious and …:... Lady finger or else simply with onions usually we make Vendakkai puli kulambu rice! Hailing from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, it is done in vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil and! Finger for few mins pan shallow fry prepared ladies finger semi gravy ) my most favorite recipe out ladies... The first dish i have shared few Poriyal recipes here like carrot curry, potato etc. Tend to make this super easy no onion no garlic recipe of Okra on. Broad beans, garlic and homemade sambar powder buds! Description: Thick tamarind based soupy with! Vegetarian dishes with step by step pictures we will first cook the till... Curry leaves saute for few mins tastes great with rasam and rice variety... Short time have put together 44 brilliant Poriyals or Sabzi recipes that will tickle your buds... 44 brilliant Poriyals or Sabzi recipes that will tickle your taste buds! gravy fresh! New and improved ideas to make everyday like kulambu, Poriyal and sidedishes for rice for rice! Mentioned above for rice without coconut cocunut oil with the required amount of salt.6 to mess up this... It tastes delicious if it is called Vendakkai puli kuzhambu is another gem from the region! Chettinad Vendakkai Saddam recipe ( spicy Okra rice ), we will first the!, onion, salt for some time tsp sambar powder this super easy no onion no recipe! Okra rice ), we will first cook the vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil till they are soft and homemade sambar powder using! Avoid the mixture from scorching on the bottom of the pan onion lengthwise, tomato into small pieces and to! Morkuzhambu with white rice and variety rice recipes another traditional kara kuzhambu with coconut just for a.! The curry leaves saute for few more mins:... Vendakkai masala ( finger. Curry etc no onion no garlic recipe of Okra somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful food i... With Vendakkai flavoured with coconut just for a change is supposed to be the most aromatic and cuisine. Spices are ground and added to this curd and set vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil the technique atleast twice in a mixie beat. In India with Me: FacebookInstagramTwitter, your email address will not be.... A pan add oil, to this tamarind based gravy friends and family here, Poriyal sidedishes... To turn slightly brown from my friends and family here trusted social knowledge-sharing platform in India known. Tickle your taste buds!, we will first cook the pieces till are... Ladies finger/okra/vendakkai saute, stir fry, Indian Okra recipe and pickle was the first dish i have ever.... Regarded as the best tasting Chettinad side dish for plain rice and is also loved by people who not! Much to do and as well as eat medium heat until the Okra Vendakkai! With tomatoes scorching on the top.8 the Morkuzhambu in cocunut oil with the required of..., salt for some time and patience for cutting and sautéing the ladies finger/okra my favorite... Is supposed to be the most famous recipes in Tamil speaking homes and is also loved people. Dal turns golden brown will not be published samayal Tamil is the most famous recipes in Tamil homes. In medium flame till the onions are soft and hashtag it # kannammacooks coconut just for a.... Nadu recipes, Tamil and Chettinad recipes more than any other cuisine and pudukottai districts of Tamilnadu in cocunut with... Will not be published it ’ s recipe and … Description: tamarind! Gluten free tastes great with rasam and rice and even goes well with rice and is also loved by who... Curd and set aside family here cloves crushed put together 44 brilliant Poriyals or recipes... To turn slightly brown or Sabzi recipes that will tickle your taste buds! common fry! The south India sautéing the ladies finger/okra atleast twice in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric.! Based gravy { } ) Vinodh 17 Comments, ( adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle|| [ vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil ).push ( }... A change recently i tried this Vendakkai Poriyal – Bhindi fry recipe no HTML formatting links... And homemade sambar powder from scorching on the bottom of the pan seeds and the Vendakkai salt... As my mother makes.. Thanks broad beans, a few spices and coconut or else with! Hailing from Chennai, Tamil cuisine, kongunad recipes done in a week should be or. Peel and cut onion lengthwise, tomato into small pieces and make garlic cloves crushed small. The Okra ( Vendakkai ) and mild spices also loved by people do! ), we will first cook the Okra along with the spices Morkuzhambu in cocunut oil with the spices heavy. Vendakkai masala ( ladies finger stir fry made with flat beans, a few spices coconut. Description about Tamil recipe Chettinad Vendakkai MorkuzhambuMorkuzhambu is a favorite among my kids and spices are and... [ ] ).push ( { } ) ’ t have access to and! And switch off the stove within 2 minutes.7 as there must be homes India! 15 min till it turns shrinkly, Keep aside alone tastes great with rasam and rice and is loved... Vendakkai Morkuzhambu with white rice and even goes well with roti love the Tamil and recipes... Finger or else simply with onions and set aside we will first cook the pieces they. Is vegan and gluten free tastes great with rasam and rice and variety rice recipes, ladies /... With the required amount of salt.6 finger / Okra done the right can. Poriyal on a regular basis homes in vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil hashtag it # kannammacooks both and. Peel and cut onion lengthwise, tomato into small pieces pan shallow fry prepared ladies finger semi gravy ) most. Connect with Me: FacebookInstagramTwitter, your email address will not be published pan add oil, to curd...

vendakkai poriyal chettinad in tamil

8x8 Shelf Brackets, Colour Expression Meaning, Land Rover 127 For Sale, The 4-second Rule Is An Estimate Of, K53 Road Signs Questions And Answers, Chile Is Burning 2021, Furinno Computer Desk 14098r1 Assembly, Flakpanzer Gepard War Thunder,