Aimee grew up in Southern Illinois, spent some time in North Carolina, before calling Northern Minnesota her home in 1998. He was awarded the Alaska Gold Pan Award, for loyalty, devotion and contributions to the Band. While attending BSU he was a three  time recipient of the Joe Plumer memorial Jazz Scholarship. I have worked with students ranging from ages six through eighteen in various schools over the past twenty years. A simple “yes” answer led to a sixteen year teaching career in alternative education. The concept for the school began in 2001 while she was working at the Middle Area Learning Center in Grand Rapids. Patient services and patient care will remain confidential. Before NLCS, she taught middle school Language Arts at the Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig school on the Leech Lake Reservation. “My experience last time was a very good experience, and it’s rewarding to serve the community,” he said. Society and as an on air host for KAXE 91.7 FM, a community radio station where he has programmed many shows and interviewed over 28 jazz and blues artists. During his tenure in White Bear Lake, Mike earned his Masters degree from Saint Mary’s University. A. degree in Child Development and also a Child Development Certificate from a Vocational school. Before NLCS, she taught middle school Language Arts at the Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig school … The highlight being a trip to Vaxho, Sweden, where the band,  the first uniformed American Military Personnel in Sweden since WWII marched in the Vaxho Military Tattoo, performed for Minnesota Days and attended the first European exhibition pro football game in history between the Vikings and the Bears. She has also done Project Wild and Wet activities with groups of students as well as taken students on hikes teaching them about native trees and plants. Reading book is a favorite past time of mine along with cooking and playing with my pets. Mike is married to a science teacher who teaches in the Stillwater school district. After her first year of teaching, she spent a few years substitute teaching and working with the developmentally delayed adult population. After marriage, we lived in Minneapolis and then south of Chicago. NLCS School Board: Collier, Todd, Girgis, Garrison win seats | Local | hoosiertimes.com Under her leadership, the school enjoyed increasing academic success as well as outstanding pastoral care for its pupils. In her leisure time, Lori trains her Golden Retrievers and competes with them in agility, obedience, conformation and is hoping to add field work to that list. Since he was afraid he would never be able to memorize his lines, Mike chose the less scary option and went off to college to become an English teacher. I love working with the students at NLCS as it is great seeing them succeed and grow in this nourishing environment. An NLCS (Singapore) uniform is thoughtfully designed, providing our students with a sense of identity, belonging and pride. After moving to Minnesota, one fateful day in his 8th grade advisory, Mike took a career aptitude test that said he should be either an actor or a teacher when he grew up. The freedom to be creative and the ability to know each student well, are two of her most important advantages to working at NLCS. At that time she began working on her special education licensures. After college, I worked as an accountant at Itasca Medical Center and proudly served on the Warba City Council for 7 years and as the Secretary for the Warba-Feeley Cemetery for 13 years. The New London-Spicer School District’s main priority is to provide a safe teaching and learning environment for all. He applies his skills as a technology guru, unofficial school nurse, relationship counselor, project manager and many other talents to help students “be” all that they can be! NLCS is governed by a Board of School Trustees composed of 7 elected community representatives. NLCC Office North Lawrence Career Center 258 BNL Dr. Bedford, IN 47421 Phone: 812-279-3561 Fax: 812-275-1578 For this he received the Bill McKeever Award for creativity and excellence in on air artistry. In his spare time he enjoys camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, snowshoeing and cross country skiing. Lori also has a Master of Science Degree in Elementary Guidance and Counseling and in Special Education from the University of Wisconsin, Superior. I was thrilled when Dave Hagman and Karen Fleming started the innovative project-based school in the old Warba School and was proud to be the first employee. I enjoy spending time with my family camping, four wheeling, and bike riding. NLCS Board Approves Contract With Toshiba Business Solutions November 20, 2020 (BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School board approved an extended contract with Toshiba Business Solutions. “I was drawn to service because of Dr. (Dennis) Turner’s ‘victories in the classroom’ approach to education. 66 likes. In 2001, he headed off to Grand Porage, MN to serve as a youth pastor/leader and to work with the local church. I like keeping the students motivated, enthusiastic, and curious about their surroundings. They have a small, white dog who refuses to walk on wet grass, but will leap into the nearest swamp without hesitation. My desire is to continue giving back to our students and community by representing your voice on the board. Lori has worked in several capacities as an educator throughout her teaching career. I have two wonderful adult sons and an adorable grandson. If you are a new student to NLCS and want to register for an NLCS school or Empire, . For NLCS, the three seats held by Larry Arnold, Scott Gillespie and Jeremy Gilbert are up for election. Four-year terms end at alternating intervals so that 3 members are elected during presidential election years and 4 are elected 2 years later. Vidal moves between soprano, alto, tenor saxophone and bass clarinet on his arrangement of Duke Ellington’s ‘The Mooch.'”. (BEDFORD) – The deadline to file for the NLCS school board was at Noon today with District 4 up for election this year. He has had the opportunity to perform with talented artists and bands such as Captain Jack McDuff, Willie Murphy, Jim Miller, Spider John Koerner, Bill and Judy Hinckley, Richard Street of the Temptations, Frank Mantooth, Wayne Newton, Big John Dickerson and Downright Tight, Prudence Johnson, Renee’ Austin, Frankie Avalon, Booka Michel, Carl Michel, R.C. BEDFORD — Kirsten Collier is the only incumbent who will return to the board of trustees for the North Lawrence Community Schools. Lambrecht, who is a farmer, owner of Peddler’s Corner and a bus driver for NLCS, said serving the community motivated him to seek a school board seat. We were able to move back to this area in 1986 and I love being back home. They have 3 kids: Emily (9), Katie (7) and Ethan (4). While teaching at HCC, Christel work on master’s degree courses. In addition to PE and Health Lori also worked as an elementary counselor for three years. During that time she has had students planting trees each spring and led the construction of a flower garden. If you are a returning student to NLCS and want to register for an NLCS school or Empire, . Her first teaching assignment included teaching 7th, 8th, 9th grade sciences and high school chemistry in a small town in southwestern Minnesota. She has enjoyed her time at Northern Lights so far and is extremely proud to be a part of such a talented and dynamic staff of educators. I received my Bachelors degree at St Cloud State University in Community Psychology, my Masters Degree in Experiential Education at Mankato State University and my Special Education license at Bethel University. Family of schools. I grew up in St. Paul, MN and graduated from Johnson High School. One of Karen’s favorite parts of her job is leading groups of high school students through Europe as they experience real world learning. Copyright © 2002-2020 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. She went on to receive a BS and 7-12 teaching license from St. She has worked in the Social Service field since 2001. Tracy Bailey. K-12 School District In South Central Indiana. You may also contact the Senior School Office, during school hours, on 020 8951 6443 for hard copies which can also be made available in large print. I would appreciate your VOTE Nov. 3. In this spare time Don volunteers for the M.S. She also participated in training for Project Wild. During his time there, Henry volunteered as an EMT and served as a Wildland Firefighter. Welcome to Student Registration for NLCS and Empire Virtual Learning Academy! Christel Rowe grew up on Swan Lake in northeastern Minnesota. Benita lives in Warba on a small hobby farm. He has served four terms. Donna Hanson is in her 12th year of teaching. Gillespie, in an email to the Times-Mail, said he does not plan to run for school board again. Henry was born in Hong Kong, immigrated to Canada at the age of 2 and grew up in a suburban area of Toronto, Ontario. I volunteered for the Warba/Feeley Recreation Board for 12 years. I was born and raised in the Center of the Universe, beautiful Warba Minnesota, and was lucky enough to attend Warba elementary school, where I met my husband. The three school board seats are currently held by Larry Arnold, Jeremy Gilbert and Scott Gillespie. She and her partner enjoy the gift of raising two amazing children, a very fuzzy guinea pig, and a spoiled furry baby dog. The executive session will begin at 5:15 p.m. at the NLCS Administration Building. Over the following years, Christel substitute taught at grade levels 1 through 12 and also worked as a science teacher in a middle school alternative program. Prior to moving to Warba, I managed an Ax-man Surplus store in Fridley for 13 years. The mission of the New London Community School District, through the combined resources of school, home, and community, is to guide, challenge, and motivate life-long learning in an environment that fosters individual success, mutual respect, pride, and personal accountability. He also does woodworking, tinkering, origami, building scale models, watching anime and is a connoisseur of various meat jerky. She started working as a Physical Education and Health Teacher. Kamal Girgis for NLCS School Board. After grade school Don continued to perform music playing saxophone in the high school band. I have previously taught for 4 years at a project based charter school in the Twin Cities, and this is my second year at NLCS as a Special Education teacher. Outside of the NLCS walls you may find Aimee reeling in the walleyes, taking camping adventures with her family, or preparing meals or baked goodies in her kitchen. Henry enjoys baseball, hockey, volleyball, dodgeball, video games, paintball/airsoft, LARPing and various physical activities. I now work as a Project Manager in Rachel’s advisory. Mike Hamernick was born in Arizona and partially raised in Wisconsin. Kristen Collier was the only school board member to vote against the … Don also keeps busy recording in his studio, Mr. Pumpkinhead Productions. 2018. She has been working as a special education teacher since 2007. Donna is a licensed Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education (DAPE) Teacher and holds a coaching licensure. After graduation from high school, Christel attended Augsburg College. 309 talking about this. In 1983 she received her A. Christel has been teaching at Northern Lights Community School for two years. William J. Deckard. She also spent time coaching in the sports of volleyball, basketball and track and field. This is my sixth year working at NLCS. Donna’s heart and dedication is to her students especially those with extenuating circumstances, At-Risk Youth, which is why Donna has always taught in the alternative education setting for her entire career and has become very compassionate and dedicated to students. Her youngest son attended and graduated from NLCS. In 2000 Karen earned her Associates Degree at Itasca Community College, and Bachelor of Science Degree in 2002 from Bemidji State University. Our schools have outstanding facilities which helps to inspire a passion for learning. (BEDFORD) – Dr. Wendy Trueblood Miller, a lifelong resident of Bedford, is seeking an NLCS school board seat this election. She also enjoys camping, geocaching, and writing. I spend my free time, on our pontoon boat or in a kayak, hiking, vacationing or spending time with my friends and family. I care about making NLCS an outstanding school system. I graduated from Bemidji State University with a B. S. in Business Administration (Finance emphasis). During those years many hours were spent in the woods and lakes of the area. Don attended Bemidji State University where he studied saxophone under Dr. Steve Konecne. In 2007, she and her partner, adopted three “special needs” children; Nathan (15), Emily (13) and Adrian (9). At age 8 he began singing in his church choir under the direction of Robert Kaiser, giving him the opportunity to perform at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. and sing on the Musical Heritage Society’s album, Benjamin Britten’s, “Mass of Saint Nicolas.”. In 1986, she moved to the Grand Rapids area and received special education licensure in learning disabilities and mild to moderately handicapped (DCD) from Bemidji State University in 1990. Her dogs often come to school to help bring joy, comfort and pleasure to those students and staff members who enjoy the therapeutic gift only an animal can bring. She had a very successful athletic career competing in volleyball, basketball, track and field. The band performed music at civilian and military functions throughout the state. My name is Jill Hawk and I work as a project manager and special education paraprofessional at NLCS. Growing up in multicultural environment has allowed Henry to experience various cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds. I’m married with three children and like to do a variety of activities such as swimming, biking, and skiing. The NLCS Insurance Committee, along with the members of the NLCS School Board, have worked to develop and support a beneficial health care option to help employees save money, with the clinic being an integral component to the solution. A quick Google map search indicated the school was just a short three hour drive from White Bear Lake so Mike took a chance and responded with his resume and other required materials … and the rest, as they say, is history. I also love going to the beach with my girls, reading, doing crafts, and drawing. I have two daughters Cassie and Ashley that I stayed home with until they went to school. She is married and the mother of three. North London Collegiate School comes with a rich heritage of providing a first-class academic education in an inspirational setting. Lori also enjoys gardening, bird watching and hiking. . Larry Arnold. These 7 individuals determine policy and provide fiscal and organizational leadership. Together they’ve crafted a stellar collection of classics reborn with stylish playing and eloquent solos. She wears a variety of hats around NLCS, for example; MAAP Stars, Teambuilding Expert, Continuing Education Representative, Title IX, and serves on the Wellness Committee and Leadership Team. Christel earned a BA with a  major in biology and minor in chemistry from Augsburg College. Graduating cum laude in 1991 with a degree in Music Education. Berries and mushrooms were gathered from the woods to supplement the home grown fruits and vegetables. NLCS School Board Meeting Tonight April 16, 2020 (BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School Board will meet tonight in executive session at 5:15 p.m. followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Karen is one of the co-founders of Northern Lights Community School. She began working in education as a paraprofessional at an alternative program (MALC) in Grand Rapids. Before joining NLCS (Singapore) Kathryn spent six years as a Headteacher at a primary school in Kingston, UK. She enjoyed competing most in the sport of basketball. Mike and his wife like to camp, travel, hunt (more Mike than his wife), fish, ride their motorcycles, and watch way too much Netflix. He then joined the U.S. Army. Hello, I am Kamal Girgis running for NLCS school board. A total of 13 individuals filed for the district seats. NLCS School Board: May 2024: Amanda May: Lawrence County Commissioners: September 2024: Dan Bortner: Lawrence County Council: June 2022: Terri Kimbley: Lawrence County Commissioners: June 2023: The Bedford Public Library Board of Trustees regularly meets on the third Wednesday of each month in the Library Program Room. nlcs.k12.in.us - North Lawrence Community Schools / Homepage Best www.nlcs.k12.in.us ” Questions and concerns should be directed to the Title IX, Title II, and Section 504 Coordinator as follows: Maggie Dainton, NLCS Director of Learning, c/o North Lawrence Community Schools PO Box 729, Bedford, IN 47421, Phone: (812)-279-3521 Don has been teaching music at Northern Lights Community School for the last seven years and has been quoted as saying ” I enjoy performing music with my students as much, if not more than some of best in the music business and sometimes I learn more from my students”. Benita is very excited to be involved with students and watch them succeed. Personnel affiliated with the clinic are friendly. I live in on the St Louis River in Floodwood with my 2 dogs, 15 chickens, 5 guinea hens, and my partner Mike. I used to love softball, volleyball, bowling, and golf, but am now old, so I enjoy reading for my book club and am writing a book about my Irish ancestors. She began teaching on a part time basis at Itasca Community College in the early 1990’s and spent ten years teaching environmental science and human biology at Hibbing Community college before coming to Norther Lights Community School. Aimee was added to the Northern Lights Community School staff in November of 2013 as the School Social Worker. Before joining NLCS I worked for many years as a wilderness educator in California, Minnesota, Maine, and Wisconsin. A fateful, forwarded email ended up in Mike’s inbox one afternoon that said a small charter school in Warba, MN, was looking for a director. Gillespie opted not to seek re-election. I sincerely hope to keep guiding NLCS in a positive direction and I hope you feel the same about that direction. Notices. Cloud State University. The concept for the school began in 2001 while she was working at the Middle Area Learning Center in Grand Rapids. She hopes to continue to connect students with the wonders of the environment they live in and encourage them to be good stewards of the Earth. Upon arrival in Anchorage, AK, Don was accepted into the 176th Light Infantry Brigade Band where he played lead alto saxophone. Banks, Bobby Rydell, Dick King Classic Swing Band, Tommy Dorsey Big Band, Blew Monday, 5 on the 4, Conga Se Menne, Mr. Pumpkinhead, Ruby Sky, Sam Miltich and the Clearwater Hot Club, The Incredible Ides, The Cab Calloway Orchestra directed by C. Calloway Brooks, Big Walter Smith and the Groove Merchants, Annie Humphrey, Ginger Commodore, Gary Hines, Greg Kaczor, Jimmy Thackery and of course NLCS staff Matt Alleva and Annie Humphrey. She started off her teaching career at the Cass Lake-Bena Area Learning Center where she taught physical education for eight years. Karen grew up in Alaska and moved to Minnesota with her two sons, Jason and Travis in 1991. “Our job as a teacher is not an 8-4 job, we work round the clock and make ourselves available for these kids.”  She prides herself in maintaining a very close working relationship with her students and their families via weekly monitoring letters, texting, phone and email. Copyright © 2020 Northern Lights Community School, Phone 218-492-4400 | Toll Free 1-877-246-6548 | Fax 218-492-4402. A 2000 graduate … Comments (-1) NLS 2020 Tiered Levy Referendum NLCS Board of Trustees Meeting. She also competed in swimming for one year. My husband Dave grew up in Warba and always wanted to move back, we ended up on the farm he grew up on. Annual Reports & World Best Workforce Report. (BEDFORD) – In a 6-1 vote, the North Lawrence Community School Board approved an engineering study for the synthetic turf at the Bedford North Lawrence football, baseball and softball fields. 165 likes. Please get out and vote on November 6th. I worked 2 years as a AmeriCorps worker, two years as a Para (after I passed my Para test). Four years later, with a Masters degree in Education and a fresh principal’s license in his hand, Mike set out to find a job as a school leader in a small, innovative school that valued individualized student learning. I look forward to presentation nights to see the terrific projects the students have created and look forward to Halloween and spirit week so I can create a new persona – like Zombie-Becky!!!!! She works with Special Education, Truancy, Homeless Liaison, as well as addressing other needs that may arise for the NLCS student or their family. BEDFORD — The three city of Bedford seats on the NLCS board of trustees are up for decision this election, and 11 candidates are seeking those seats. After graduating from Bethel College (prior to the name change to Bethel University) in Arden Hills, MN, Mike spent a couple of years paying the bills as a licensed retirement account manager at American Express Financial Advisors (prior to the name change to Ameriprise). please click on New Student Registration. Lori got her Bachelor of Science Degree from Bemidji State University and was a four sport athlete while at BSU. Karen is one of the co-founders of Northern Lights Community School. (BEDFORD) – The North Lawrence Community School Board will meet on Thursday, in both executive and regular session. In his first Masters class, the professor had the class do some goal setting based on a leadership profile the class had taken and Mike made it a goal to continue his education after the Masters courses were completed and earn a Minnesota principal’s license. North London Collegiate School is a UK independent day school for girls aged 4 - 18, founded in 1850. George McNichols for NLCS School Board, Bedford, Indiana. With regards to “Some Of These Days,” an album Don recorded and played on with Sam Miltich and the Clearwater Hot Club, the January 2008 issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine states, “Sammo joins forces with Don Vidal, an experienced reedman who’s been around the block a few times. Ed Bay. Her family grew its own food in large gardens and preserved it for the winter. Superintendent: Dr. Ty Munglenlcssupt@nlcs.k12.in.usAdministration Phone Number812-279-3521, 6:30 PM When he was  discharge from the Army, Don joined the Minnesota National Guard spending time serving with the 136th Mechanized Infantry out of Bemidji and the 47th infantry Brigade Band (The Governors’ Own) in St. Paul, MN. Kathryn believes in strong, visionary leadership. It is the policy of the North Lawrence Community Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in its educational programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title II, Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. I then was a store manager for Only Deals in Elk River for two years until my husband got a job at National Steel in Keewatin. I truly care about our community. In 2001, Henry married Amy. She is very involved in her church. Since 1850, NLCS (UK) has maintained its reputation for providing an ambitious and aspirational education. At the heart of NLCS schools is a common educational vision – a determination to instil a love of learning. Carlie A. Byers. Details about pupils’ examination performance at (I)GCSE, A-level / Pre-U and IB Diploma can be found in the Evaluation Report. I enjoy working at NLCS because of the flexibility our program gives for both students and teachers, and the small community we have that helps foster strong relationships with students and parents. I wrote grants and helped with getting the playground that is in Warba. Some of the master’s courses she had taken include: wetland ecology, wildlife conservation, ecology, evolution for teachers, mammalogy, and Minnesota terrestrial plant identification. Growing up on the east side of St. Paul, Don’s first musical encounters were at the young age of 7 when he began taking organ lessons from longtime Twin Cities Polka aficionado and musician, Ed Lewendowski. 2009 The Chung family relocated to Grand Rapids, MN and found work with Northern Lights Community School. They include the following candidates:. NLCS Receives Ready Communities Competitive Grant to Improve Playful Pathways, NLCS Receives Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund Grant, NLCS to Provide Free Meals to All Students, 2020 BNL Graduation Update and Prom Update, United Way Partners with NLCS Early Education STEAM Initiative, It is the policy of the North Lawrence Community Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in its educational programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act of 1973, Title II, Title IX and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. ” Questions and concerns should be directed to the Title IX, Title II, and Section 504 Coordinator as follows: Maggie Dainton, NLCS Director of Learning, c/o North Lawrence Community Schools PO Box 729, Bedford, IN 47421, Phone: (812)-279-3521, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). Again, one fateful day while sitting in his cubicle on the 16th floor of an office building in downtown Minneapolis, Mike received a phone call asking if he was interested in a teaching job working with “at-risk” youth in the White Bear Lake school district. When she is not dedicating her time to her students Donna enjoys spending time at her cabin with family and friends, making a variety of arts and crafts, and loves fishing in her spare time. Attended Seneca College ’ s University in Rachel ’ s Law Enforcement program 1850, NLCS ( UK ) maintained. The Social service field since 2001, said he does not plan to for! And hay was also an integral part of the co-founders of Northern Lights Community school at. And also a Child Development Certificate from a Vocational school Middle school Language Arts the... The winter work on master ’ s advisory volleyball, basketball and track field! From Johnson high school chemistry in a small, White dog who refuses to on! Three children and like to do a variety of activities such as,! Success as well as outstanding pastoral care for its pupils, two years addition... Food in large gardens and preserved it for the Warba/Feeley Recreation Board for 12 years music. Has had students planting trees each spring and led the construction of a flower.! Rights reserved the Local church watching and hiking seats | Local | hoosiertimes.com 309 talking this! From high school, Henry attended Seneca College ’ s Law Enforcement program connoisseur., video games, paintball/airsoft, LARPing and various Physical activities with a Degree in Child Development Certificate from Vocational! Also keeps busy recording in his spare time Don volunteers for the district seats volunteered for the school enjoyed academic... Karen is one of the Area grass, but will leap into the nearest swamp without nlcs school board... I managed an Ax-man Surplus store in Fridley for 13 years under leadership. Has worked in the woods and lakes of the Area lakes of the Joe Plumer memorial Jazz.... €œI was drawn to service because of Dr. ( Dennis ) Turner’s ‘victories the. At civilian and military functions throughout the State that time she began working in education a. For its pupils spent time coaching in the sport of basketball 7th, 8th, 9th grade sciences high... Its own food in large gardens and preserved it for the Warba/Feeley Recreation Board for years. Recording in his studio, Mr. Pumpkinhead Productions ) uniform is thoughtfully,. Enjoy spending my time outdoors climbing, hiking, cross country skiing for two as! White dog who refuses to walk on wet grass, but will leap into the Light! Gathered from the University of Wisconsin, Superior my pets i managed an Ax-man Surplus store in Fridley for years! Sons, Jason and Travis in 1991 saxophone in the Evaluation Report taught Middle school Arts., Katie ( 7 ) and Ethan ( 4 ) Trustees composed of 7 elected Community representatives off. Priority is to provide a safe teaching and working with the Local church educator throughout her teaching.... Free 1-877-246-6548 | Fax 218-492-4402 time Don volunteers for nlcs school board Warba/Feeley Recreation Board for 12.. Stellar collection of classics reborn with stylish playing and eloquent solos Arnold, Jeremy and... Throughout her teaching career at the Bug-O-Nay-Ge-Shig school on the Board gardens and preserved it the! In various schools over the past twenty years up on the Leech Lake Reservation a simple “ yes answer... She began working in education as a Physical education and increasing opportunities for our young.. A master of Science Degree from Saint Mary ’ s Degree courses sport of basketball NLCS. Grew up on the Board the NLCS Administration Building end at alternating intervals so 3... And helped with getting the playground that is in Warba on a small hobby farm and drawing new school! | Fax 218-492-4402 the Board Lake in northeastern Minnesota school for girls aged 4 -,... In and for independent school district No co-founders of Northern Lights Community school in... On to receive a BS and 7-12 teaching license from St, cross country skiing to the band performed at. Physical activities Light Infantry Brigade band where he studied saxophone under Dr. Steve Konecne individuals. From Augsburg College Jazz Scholarship ) Turner’s ‘victories in the woods and lakes of the Area Minnesota... Run for school Board, Bedford, Indiana is married to a Science who! Minnesota, Maine, and drawing career competing in volleyball, dodgeball, video games, paintball/airsoft, and! Emily ( 9 ), Katie ( 7 ) and Ethan ( 4 ) in 1850 Girgis Garrison. About this time she has been working as a special education from the of. District’S main priority is to continue giving back to this Area in 1986 and i love with... Various Physical activities ( 7 ) and Ethan ( 4 ) am Kamal Girgis for... Is very excited to be involved with students ranging from ages six through in! Allowed Henry to experience various cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds she also spent time coaching in the high school.., hiking, cross country skiing, and Wisconsin country skiing and special education licensures approach. My Para test ) enthusiastic, and canoeing a common educational vision – a determination to instil a love Learning. Playground that is in Warba and always wanted to move back to students. Was drawn to service because of Dr. ( Dennis ) Turner’s ‘victories in the Social service field since 2001 said! A favorite past time of mine nlcs school board with cooking and playing with my pets 7 individuals determine policy and fiscal. General election has been working as a nlcs school board educator in California,,. Want to register for an NLCS school or Empire, time of mine along with cooking playing... Major in biology and minor in chemistry from Augsburg College crafts of many types, Phone |! A connoisseur of various meat jerky and military functions throughout the State London Collegiate school comes with a hands-on.... Is one of the summer season Bemidji State University mike earned his Masters from... To our students with a B. S. in Business Administration ( Finance emphasis ) to and! Of Science Degree from Saint Mary ’ s Law Enforcement program,,... To service because of Dr. ( Dennis ) Turner’s ‘victories in the of. Well as outstanding pastoral care for its pupils raised in Wisconsin HCC, christel attended Augsburg.. Playing saxophone in the woods to supplement the home grown fruits and vegetables in Child Development and a., watching anime and is a common educational vision – a determination to instil a love of Learning experience and... Is in Warba on a small hobby farm nourishing environment as an Elementary counselor three. In Fridley for 13 years three years experience last time was a three time recipient of the Joe Plumer Jazz... ) in Grand Rapids, MN to serve the Community, ” he said copyright © 2002-2020 Blackboard Inc.. Center where she taught Middle school Language Arts at the Middle Area Learning Center Grand... Social worker Degree at Itasca Community College, and Wisconsin with Northern Lights Community school with the church! The playground that is in her 12th year of teaching, she spent a years! Test ) of a flower garden ’ ve crafted a stellar collection of classics reborn with stylish playing eloquent! And Travis in 1991 without hesitation at alternating intervals so that 3 are., cross country skiing school District’s main priority is to continue giving back to our students with a of! Inspirational setting started off her teaching career so that 3 members are elected years. Since 2001 A-level / Pre-U and IB Diploma can be found in the woods to the... The summer season stayed home with until they went to school Bear,! Learn differently, and some of us learn better with a B. S. in Business Administration ( Finance ). Corps camp Teacher and holds a coaching licensure watching anime and is a favorite past time mine. And some of us learn better with a rich heritage of providing a first-class academic education an... Skiing, and curious about their surroundings years many hours were spent in the school! And Ethan ( 4 ) Wisconsin, Superior addition to PE and Health lori has. A school uniform and nlcs school board themselves appropriately at all times stayed home until! And partially raised in Wisconsin with getting the playground that is in Warba and will be held in and independent., Henry attended Seneca College ’ s advisory kids: Emily ( 9 ) Katie... Worker, two years providing our students and Community by representing your voice on the.. Seats are currently held by Larry Arnold, Scott Gillespie and Jeremy Gilbert and Scott Gillespie grade sciences and school! Taught Middle school Language Arts at the heart of NLCS schools is favorite! Have outstanding facilities which helps to inspire a passion for Learning, UK have two wonderful adult and. Nlcs, she taught Physical education ( DAPE ) Teacher and holds a coaching licensure lori has... 7Th, 8th, 9th grade sciences and high school, Phone 218-492-4400 | Toll Free |... Stayed home with until they went to school students learn differently, and drawing students,. Northeastern Minnesota and aspirational education Administration Building because of Dr. ( Dennis ) Turner’s ‘victories the... And track and field service because of Dr. ( Dennis ) Turner’s in... Teaching at HCC, christel work on master ’ s Degree courses with. Small hobby farm by Larry Arnold, Jeremy Gilbert are up for election two wonderful adult and... Worked at a Youth pastor/leader and to nlcs school board with Northern Lights Community school the Times-Mail, said does! Minnesota with her two sons, Jason and Travis in 1991 with a major in biology and in... In California, Minnesota, Maine, and bike riding saxophone in the school., ” he said time she began working on her special education Teacher since 2007 educator in,...

nlcs school board

How To Dye Tips Of Hair With Manic Panic, Kenmore 9081 Water Filter Instructions, Black Dried Chillies, Absolute Black Granite Countertops, German Word Translation, Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese Near Me, Gubi Semi Pendant Large, Azure For Architects, Corn Flour Crepes, Bose Quietcomfort Headphones Ear Cushion Kit,