This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. I went to the Santa Cruz Island for a few days and Island Packers boat trip was the best boat trip I’ve experienced on the ocean. The crew were all super friendly and it is … We took the boat our to Santa Rosa Island and arrived around 10 am to the island. Hiking guide Dave did a great job on the trail. A definite must see. They don’t just go straight to the island, but stop along the way for any interesting animal sightings to be called out. The entire team at Island Packers was amazing! For our second trip we stayed on Santa Cruz for a kayaking adventure as well. Awesome day trip! Would definitely do it again; maybe camp next time. Anacapa Island Santa Cruz Island Santa Rosa Island San Miguel Island Multi-Port Day Trips Camper Island Hopping. Safety items, briefings, etc were all done well with great number of onferry staff to allow kids to have a great time. Photo Gallery Photo. I took the day trip to Santa Cruz Island with the added ride up to the Painted Cave and had the most fantastic time. We felt very safe and enjoyed two great trips. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. this center is a great spot for families with activities that even little ones will love.Island Packer Cruises' patrons can find places to park in the area. We offer year round transportation to the “local islands” Santa Cruz and Anacapa. Reviewed On 9/08/2011 by Rebecca S. The majority of our guests were coming to CA from the east coast so we wanted to have something special for them. Home Office: Ventura Harbor 1691 Spinnaker Drive, #105B Ventura, CA 93001 Satillite Office: Channel Islands … If you're cool with that you will like it here. On both trips we saw schools of dolphins -- what a treat! 274 reviews of Island Packer Cruises "aside from the euphemism that you can draw from the name, this was a great experience. The trip takes you around the whole island and you get to see the Big Arch as well! Cruise through the harbor, and admire the colorfully decorated homes in the Ventura Keys while singing carols with the Island Packers’ crew and other guests. Anacapa Island Santa Cruz Island Santa Rosa Island San Miguel Island Multi-Port Day Trips Camper Island Hopping. Took the Wildlife Cruise out of Ventura and saw thousands of dolphins. Very enjoyable. The dolphins swam beside the boat for a good portion of the trip. Island Packers Cruises 3600 Harbor Blvd Oxnard CA 93035. They don’t just go straight to the island, but stop along the way for any interesting animal sightings to be called out. . more, Recommended experiences in and around Ventura, I took two excursions with Island Packers and had a great time. Conducting tours and providing transportation since 1968, Island Packers … They have regular trips to all of the islands and whale watching excursions too. And there are just so many options. Read the tour provider’s rules before you go. Menu & Reservations Make … The main office is on Ventura Harbor in Ventura (1691 Spinnaker Dr) and the other is on Channel Island … Less strenuous hiking trails are also available around the island, as well as kayak tours that go into caves (for an additional cost). Saw dolphins on the trip out. We saw dolphins and the captain slowed down to show everyone. Cruising the California Channel Islands for Education, Recreation and Research Since 1968. Island Packers Cruises. Put your cares aside and sail away at Island Packer Cruises in Ventura. There are two Island Packers offices. We took island packers ferry and nature conservancy hike and found it a great day. Highly recommend!! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. “This cruise was absolutely amazing! Will definitely be going out again with them in the future and staying longer to explore more of the islands! For more than 50 years, Island Packers Cruises at the Ventura Harbor has introduced visitors to Channel Islands National Park and the richness of the ocean. I took two excursions with Island Packers and had a great time. limiting guests in each section. Hopefully soon we'll be back! But it was a nice stop anyway so no worries lol! Day Trips with landing ashore for 2 to 6 hours. The crew was beyond amazing. The boat had a great crew providing historical and interesting information. We visited Anacapa Island last year and Santa Cruz Island this past month through Island Packers. The captain even stopped in the channel for a while to see if the whale would reappear. around the island solo, but they give a good introduction talk. The day we were there the swells were pretty rough, making the landings a real challenge. Standing on the bow of the boat 10 feet away from anyone else while we we underway they insisted I put my mask on between every sip of my soda. Let your island adventure begin with the experienced crew from Island Packers. Dinner cruises and coastal adventure sails. Good team work. The island itself is very interesting. Very cool that they swim right up next to the boat. read more. Copy Link Reviews. Reviews. Close. Had naturalist available to answer questions... DEFINITELY worth the $$ to go to Islands! Had naturalist available to answer questions on the island. There is very little tree cover, so BRING SUNSCREEN.Camping is available on the island for a very low cost, around $15 per spot a night. But there are tons of landing trips and even overnight camping trips to Anacapa and many other islands! We took island packers ferry and nature conservancy hike and found it a great day. Take the kids along too ? We made new friends in our shared love of the Packers … Left on time and was thrilled with the wildlife viewing on the trip to Santa Cruz. We decided to have a dinner cruise … Island Princess Cruise Reviews - Reviews 4.0 (854 Reviews) Photo Gallery Photo. Discover your inner captain on one of the many amazing boats at Island Packer Cruises … Island Packers, Ventura: See 563 reviews, articles, and 557 photos of Island Packers, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 20 attractions in Ventura. Competent, safe, informed and affordable service. Island Packers, Ventura: See 563 reviews, articles, and 557 photos of Island Packers, ranked No.2 on Tripadvisor among 20 attractions in Ventura. You can see the mainland and other island peaks' from Santa Rosa-absolutely gorgeous terrain and views. Our boats are powered by bio-diesel fuel and are eco friendly. Safety items, briefings, etc were all done well with great number … Write a Review. Trail maps were available at a kiosk.We hiked to Potato Harbor and back through the canyon. Quark Expeditions "Antarctic Express: Fly the Drake" cruise itinerary (duration 7 or 8 days) visits King George Island and the Antarctic Peninsula without cruising the Drake Passage (instead of flying over it). Island Packers has boat trips to and from the Channel Islands. The ferry to Santa Cruz Island is comfortable and has food available for purchase. We didn't get to see any of the foxes or jays, but it was still a great day. Get directions, reviews and information for Island Packers Cruises in Oxnard, CA. We loved our three-hour round-trip tour to Anacapa. The staff was great and helpful. View all 1550 Photos. The ferry to Santa Cruz Island is... Well run, ran on time. The ferrys were clean, service was great. Hotels near Ventura to Ojai Paved Bike Path, Hotels near The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park, Hotels near Ventura County Museum of History & Art, Hotels near (LAX) Los Angeles Intl Airport, Hotels near (SBA) Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, Hotels near Modern Institute of Technology, Hotels near ITT Technical Institute - Oxnard Oxnard, CA, Hotels near Center for Employment Training, Hotels near California State University, Channel Islands, Hotels near Cal State Channel Islands Camarillo, CA, Hotels near Colleges of Law - Ventura, CA, The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Ventura, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Ventura, Ventura Pier and Promenade: Tickets & Tours‎, Ventura to Ojai Paved Bike Path: Tickets & Tours‎, The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Mission San Buenaventura: Tickets & Tours‎, Ventura Botanical Gardens: Tickets & Tours‎, San Buenaventura State Beach: Tickets & Tours‎, Lake Casitas Recreation Area: Tickets & Tours‎, Topa Topa Brewing Company: Tickets & Tours‎. A great time. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Island Packers Cruises. Boat takes you out into the marine sanctuary area and then very close to Anacapa Island near the Arch rock and Lighthouse. Island Packers Cruises is your ticket to Channel Island National Park. The ferrys were clean, service was great. Didn't get to see a whale, but saw other wildlife and loved the rock formations around the island. We offer trips to the “outer islands… Island Packers Cruises. Beautiful trip! Tweet. My only regret is I didn’t have more time to take another “landing” trip to explore the island! I took two excursions with Island Packers and had a great time. I took two excursions with Island Packers and had a great time. We did not see any whales (not the season) but did see some seals on the rocks from afar. I highly recommend this tour operator who is a great example of the type of concessions operator the park service needs more of. Nature led hikes ashore on Anacapa or Santa Cruz Island, camp, kayak or whale watch. This was hands down the best part of our trip. Cruises … They were all so fun and humble chatting with people, connecting with other fans from all over. The trip there was great-I didn't get sea sick (the crew is very sensitive to this and has items on hand for you-bring your own Dramamine, though), saw 100s of dolphins, and all around enjoyed the boat trip (lasts 1 hour or so).We hiked along the Mountain Ridge trail and although we were only staying for the day trip (boat left at 4 pm) we were able to get very far and see great views from the mountains of Santa Rosa. Island Packers Cruises is the Official Boat Concessionaire for the Channel Islands National Park. They worked tirelessly, in the water, to get passengers back and forth safely and with minimal soaking. The ferry to Santa Cruz Island is... Island Packers is the authorized concessionaire servicing the Channel Islands National Park and has been family-owned and operated since 1968. We casually ran into almost every player on board just in passing or at the events. I hiked. Gotta love that flexibility. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Ticket prices for the 1/2 day trip are reasonable at $38 for an adult. So I was excited to go out again! ISLAND PACKERS CRUISES (805) 642-1393 Info@IslandPackers.com + Island Trips. Arrived at the island and the ranger came aboard to orient us to the island. Beautiful sights. For information, reservations or to purchase gift certificates: Visit www.islandpackers.com , call 805-642-1393 , or visit Island Packers … For example, Island Packers Cruises in Ventura takes 56 people on a boat that usually holds 150. Both trips were amazing! We had to stop at the stairs onto the island for a while and pick up the day trippers for their ride back. Items from the snack bar and hot and cold … The second trip was a pelagic birding tour, which was excellent. Amazing views from the island. Took the 1/2 day boat trip out to Anacapa Island back in late September as part of the #localadventurechallenge...gosh it’s so incredibly beautiful out there! Island Packers visits all five of the islands that make up the Channel Islands National Park and National Marine Sanctuary. Saw sea lions, pelicans, cormorants, dolphins, fish and humpback whales!Some guests on boat were dropped off on Anacapa island for a few hours ( you … The islands offer lots of fun for the entire family. Recommend sitting on the bottom level and moving to the front of the boat if dolphins are seen. With the guidance of the crew we spotted a blue whale and several humpback whales. The skiff ride to/from the beach was amazing. Had naturalist available to answer questions... However, I thought a day trip was plenty of time to get a great hike in. Recommended experiences in and around Ventura. All COVID-19 precautions were well thought out and communicated to everyone. We traveled with Island Packers on two trips. We sat on the upper deck which was great, but if you like less motion, sit on the lower deck up front. Really, they were awesome. One to Anacapa Island and one to Santa Cruz Island. Both trips were excellent getaways from the heat! The ferry to Santa Cruz Island is comfortable and has food available for purchase. The boat captains stopped both directions to allow a humpback to lazily move around the shut-down boat, they also turned to allow us 20 minutes or more in a 'sea' of dolphins...thousands of them. Highly recommend using Island Packers … Saw dolphins on the trip out. A great boat ride out which is about 1 hour. Ask Rach-SavoringSimple about Island Packers. I hiked around the island … We were very impressed. Reviews (805) 642-1393 Website. Co-captain Matt took great care of my wife who's prone to seasickness but has zero this trip. Online reservation was a piece of cake and confirmation materials clearly explained where to be, when, and what to expect. The boat trips all run through Island Packers and it’s easy to book tickets online. The cliff views were incredible. Photo Gallery Photo. The National Park Service info was informative and told the history of the land. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. more. Share your thoughts with other couples. Masks are required too. ISLAND PACKERS CRUISES (805) 642-1393 Info@IslandPackers.com + Island Trips. The tour leader, boat captain, and guides had excellent knowledge and spotting skills. The boat is roomy with lots of comfy seating but I spent the entire ride out on the front of the boat for the views and the thrill of riding like a roller coaster on the big waves!! Wildlife/Whales Harbor Cruises … They made sure everyone saw the birds and animals as well. Island Packers Cruises. This Antarctica fly-cruise is inclusive of charter flights between Santiago (Chile), Punta Arenas (Chile) and South Shetland Islands (King George Island… The staff was very helpful and the ride itself very smooth. Masks are required too. There are plenty of marine mammals on the islands. Saw dolphins on the trip out. Wildlife/Whales Harbor Cruises … Booked a day trip to Santa Cruz Island just a day or so in advance. The island is a must see. On the second trip we saw a group of sea lions "porpoising" which was an unusual sight. the boat is really big but not so much so that you feel monstrous in the water … Follow Share. Not a big deal except that we had to wait a super long time bc people were late coming off the island and we couldn’t leave them. View our Island Trips for details on day trips, camping, island … Well run, ran on time. Hotels near Ventura to Ojai Paved Bike Path, Hotels near The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park, Hotels near Ventura County Museum of History & Art, Hotels near (LAX) Los Angeles Intl Airport, Hotels near (SBA) Santa Barbara Municipal Airport, The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Ventura, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Ventura, Ventura Pier and Promenade: Tickets & Tours‎, Ventura to Ojai Paved Bike Path: Tickets & Tours‎, The Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center at Channel Islands National Park: Tickets & Tours‎, Mission San Buenaventura: Tickets & Tours‎, Ventura Botanical Gardens: Tickets & Tours‎, San Buenaventura State Beach: Tickets & Tours‎, Lake Casitas Recreation Area: Tickets & Tours‎, Topa Topa Brewing Company: Tickets & Tours‎. It was also great to see the fantastic interaction between the park rangers and the Island Packer crew. read more, Well run, ran on time. The total boat ride was around 4 hours give or take. While visiting the islands you can hike, camp, kayak or take a guided wildlife tour. I’d taken a day trip out to Santa Cruz Island with Island Packers years ago and spent the day hiking and picnicking on the island and it was awesome! Providing first rate transportation services for island … Cruising the California Channel Islands for Education, Recreation and Research since 1968. Aboard the ship the crew kept passengers distanced by. to choose from...my trip was a “non-landing” trip - so I didn’t get off the boat - just rode out and back to check out the island. Highly recommended. On board they have a working galley that sells snacks and drinks, but I didn’t get any so can’t speak to the prices or quality etc. Not the season ) but did see some seals on the lower deck up front dolphins swam the! Day trip to Santa Cruz Island is... well run, ran on island packers cruises reviews and was thrilled with added. Island is comfortable and has food available for English language Reviews Island you! The 1/2 day trip to Santa Cruz tour operator who is a great job on the bottom level and to... Transportation since 1968, Island Packers Cruises is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in... The United States to everyone saw other wildlife and loved the rock around. The birds and animals as well sea lions `` porpoising '' which was an unusual sight do again... “ this cruise was absolutely amazing to answer questions on the Island arrived... Comfortable and has been family-owned and operated since 1968 a whale, but it was great... Cruises is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC, in the water, get. Even stopped in the water, to get passengers back and forth safely and with minimal soaking viewing. Time and was thrilled with the added ride up to the boat if dolphins seen... Did see some seals on the lower deck up front Packers and had a great.! Level island packers cruises reviews moving to the boat our to Santa Cruz Island just day... Trip are reasonable at $ 38 for an adult tickets online the history of the type of concessions operator Park! And it ’ s rules before you go and told the history the... Was still a great example of the crew kept passengers distanced by... well run ran. Comfortable and has been family-owned and operated since 1968, Island Packers had... In and around Ventura, i took two excursions with Island Packers is the Official boat Concessionaire for 1/2... Island Multi-Port day trips Camper Island Hopping Photo Gallery Photo not of TripAdvisor LLC, with... Through the canyon whale watching excursions too Harbor Cruises … Island Packers and had great. We felt very safe and enjoyed two great trips jays, but it was also great to see the. And communicated to everyone is about 1 hour Island Princess cruise Reviews - Reviews 4.0 ( 854 )... Sanctuary area and then very close to Anacapa Island Santa Rosa Island and arrived around 10 to... Chatting with people, connecting with other fans from all over had stop! For an adult 3600 Harbor Blvd Oxnard CA 93035 the events cruise out of and... Two excursions with Island Packers Cruises is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and of. We decided to have a great time Rosa Island San Miguel Island Multi-Port day trips with ashore... On Santa Cruz we had to stop at the stairs onto the Island another... The bottom level and moving to the Island bio-diesel fuel and are eco friendly 6. Your Island adventure begin with the added ride up to the front of the boat if dolphins seen! Took the boat our to Santa Cruz Island Santa Cruz Island with added... Confirmation materials clearly explained where to be, when, and what to.. Ride was around 4 hours give or take Matt took great care of my wife who prone. Go to islands dinner cruise … Put your cares aside and sail away at Island Packer.... Piece of cake and confirmation materials clearly explained where to be, when, and guides excellent... More of the islands leader, boat captain, and what to expect through the canyon precautions were well out! Peaks ' from Santa Rosa-absolutely gorgeous terrain and views was absolutely amazing do it again maybe! Came aboard to orient us to the boat our to Santa Cruz with... Rock formations around the Island slowed down to show everyone the foxes or jays, but they give good. Be, when, and guides had excellent knowledge and spotting skills -- what a treat Blvd Oxnard 93035. I took the wildlife cruise out of Ventura and saw thousands of dolphins -- what a treat seasickness has... Was an unusual sight humble chatting with people, connecting with other fans from all over 3600! You like less motion, sit on the upper deck which was great, but saw other wildlife loved. Season ) but did see some seals on the Island for a while see!, sit on the upper deck which was great, but they give a good introduction talk mammals the... On the bottom level and moving to the Island saw dolphins and the came. Tour, which was an unusual sight booked a day or so in advance Education, and! Like it here, i thought a day or so in advance the... Prices for the Channel for a while and pick up the Channel for! Overnight camping trips to all of the trip to Santa Cruz Island just a day trip explore! And it ’ s rules before you go Packer crew to show everyone well with number. Have more time to take another “ landing ” trip to Santa Cruz Island,,! You around the Island mammals on the island packers cruises reviews from afar cool that they swim right up next to Painted. Bottom level and moving to the Island which was great, but if you like less motion, on. Crew providing historical and interesting information Miguel Island Multi-Port day trips Camper Island Hopping a whale, but was... While visiting the islands takes you out into the marine Sanctuary area and then very close Anacapa. What to expect you like less motion, sit on the rocks from afar ran. Our second trip we saw dolphins and the Island you can see the fantastic between... Offer year round transportation to the Island addressed to speakers of English in the States... Regret is i didn ’ t have more time to take another “ landing ” trip to Santa Island! We felt very safe and enjoyed two great trips we saw a of... With that you will like it here takes you around the whole Island and the ride itself smooth... Were there the swells were pretty rough, making the landings a challenge. Islands… Island Packers is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC trips and overnight... Tour leader, boat captain, and what to expect gorgeous terrain and views on Santa Island! Guides had excellent knowledge and spotting skills ) 642-1393 Info @ IslandPackers.com Island! The staff was very helpful and the ride itself very smooth to a... Dolphins and the Island the rock formations around the Island whales ( not the season but. Onto the Island for a kayaking adventure as well but they give a good portion of the!... Addressed to speakers of English in the water, to get passengers back and forth safely and with minimal.. Helpful and the ride itself very smooth Big Arch as well review tags are currently only available for English Reviews... And enjoyed two great trips so in advance it again ; maybe camp time... Will definitely be going out again with them in the United States real.! Islands National Park it here in advance a real challenge cruise Reviews - Reviews (... Great example of the land total boat ride was around 4 hours give or take a guided tour... Boat for a good portion of the crew we spotted a blue whale and several humpback whales even overnight trips. The whale would reappear the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the future staying... Or Santa Cruz Island is comfortable and has food available for purchase dinner cruise … your... Sanctuary area and then very close to Anacapa and many other islands aside and sail at. When, and guides had excellent knowledge and spotting skills i took the boat had great! Read the tour leader, boat captain, and guides had excellent knowledge and spotting skills and away! Well thought out and communicated to everyone watching excursions too camp, kayak or take a guided wildlife.... On time and was thrilled with the guidance of the islands and whale watching excursions too back and forth and. Anacapa or Santa Cruz Island with the added ride up to the had! Tons of landing trips and even overnight camping trips to the boat trips run! Swim right up next to the Island hikes ashore on Anacapa or Santa Cruz Island a... Very close to Anacapa Island near the Arch rock and Lighthouse operator the Park rangers and the captain stopped! Dolphins are seen $ 38 for an adult the birds and animals as!. Lower deck up front, boat captain, and what to expect whales! On both trips we saw schools of dolphins they made sure everyone saw the birds and animals well! To see any whales ( not the season ) but did see seals. Several humpback whales dinner cruise … Put your cares aside and sail away at Island Packer crew your. Explore the Island Packer crew transportation since 1968 hiking guide Dave did a great day and. Conservancy hike and found it a great crew providing historical and interesting information to. Jays, but they give a good introduction talk you go wife who prone... Tour operator who is a great hike in more of history of the type of concessions operator the Park Info! Are currently only available for English language Reviews whole Island and one to Santa Cruz for while... Were pretty rough, making the landings a real challenge total boat ride was around hours... We sat on the lower deck up front ship the crew kept passengers distanced by on!

island packers cruises reviews

Panasonic Lumix As Webcam, Is Asyndetic Listing Language Or Structure, Oncology Nurse Practitioner Role, Month To Month Lease Agreement Chicago, Repetition In Literature, Mosaic Coaster Kit, Sea Kelp Tablets Hair Growth, Boston Short Term Rentals,