Always look for the missing cat because he might be in real trouble. Then, check again. After 5 PM, call veterinarian emergency clinics.-Visit your local Animal control, humane societies, and animal shelters, Including the ones in surrounding areas.-It is extremely important to post many flyers about your lost cat within a 1-mile radius of where it was lost. If your cat has been freaked out and has run off to hide somewhere, the chances are that s/he will stay there until it gets dark. She comes home everynight until now…I am SO mad at myself for making her do that! I’m afraid to let him back outside. If you live in a major city with a … Follow the tips in this article to help you find your missing indoor cat, and have every faith that your beautiful kitty will return to you. Indoor-only cats can become stressed by living together with other cats in restricted territory, so it is important to keep an eye out for signs of your cats not getting on. she is an adventurer and often goes off for 2 or 3 days, but this is the longest by far. _WOLF_ Badges: 17. I did all the usual stuff - patrolling the streets, calling local vets and rescue centres etc. He ate a little and returned to the underbrush. Thoroughly check your home for your lost cat as you never know where they could hide. That’s partly why we’re so attracted to cats in the first place, they’re adorably adventurous and we adore them for it. A week my 2 indoor only cats got out through a broken window screen. This page contains all of the positive and happy cat stories where owners have been reunited with their pets after they've gotten lost or gone missing! My 9 month old tom cat is missing since the past 4 days. They could help cover the cost of printing posters, boosting posts on social media or even provide an animal search service.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_4',116,'0','0'])); Cats sometimes wander quite far, even indoor cats, if they’ve gotten the taste for exploring. For me that is a no brainer. Have a look at trees, as cats are great at climbing trees, both sometimes not so great at getting down! Thankyou. Be aware that other cats or creatures may be interested in the food… If this lures your lost cat back home then hopefully s/he will hang around the door until you appear. There are many other benefits to neutering your cat(s), including…. If the cat hasn’t come home in a day, it’s time to start looking. Give your cat some time. It’s horrible to think about, but I have to mention it. I have searched everywhere, put up posters, put him on PawBoost, Facebook, handed out flyers with his information. The problem is when the cat is able to escape outside through an opening. He does like to hunt. You know your cat better than anyone, so use familiar sounds that s/he will usually respond to. The majority of the time, it’s basic instinct. All silliness aside – you’ll just have to accept that sometimes, there are matters that are more important to your cat than being at home. Decide upon a plan for moving your cat. My cat went missing 4 days ago and I am starting to lose hope. I, myself, have had three cats given up for lost that have returned: 1. Explanations include: Lost; Trapped; Overstimulated; In heat; Found a food source; Unwell/sickness; It is important to understand why a cat is roaming. Will the cat get lost in the new territory? July 30, 2019 The wording on the poster should ask also ask people to check their sheds and garages as many people won’t think to do that, unless they’re ‘cat people’ themselves. Read our detailed Cat Tracker Reviews here, or check out the Best Cat Trackers of 2018! If you enjoyed this post and want to learn more, check out these other resources for cat owners. There may be a perfectly good reason why your cat didn’t come home at their … Offer a reward (more about this later), and distribute the flyers door-to-door in at least a three-block radius, also post in store windows and on telephone poles. Microchips can be detected by vets and animal shelters who have hand-held scanning devices used to detect the chip. So, by spaying and neutering your cats at the earliest opportunity, you’re protecting them and giving yourself peace of mind that they won’t wander as far. The scent can travel for up to a mile, especially with wind, so this is worth doing even if it seems a little bit strange! Sometimes, a cat will be happily chilling in its own safe territory. I have noticed a large owl around our house recently so have been extra careful about keeping them in … She is a very healthy 5 year old and has been spayed. The thought of your cat going missing or getting lost is probably one of…, 9 Ways to Prevent your Cat from Going Missing. This is very unusual for him. Canvas the entire block with posters into the mailboxes of every house. Honestly, social media is a fantastic way to raise awareness of your missing kitty but everything else that’s on this list so far is more helpful. This is a great app if your area has it. Please call if you see her, SUSAN # 561-388-0062, THANKYOU. When a cat lives indoors and does not feel well But panicking doesn’t actually solve anything. Somehow she got out and we couldn't find her for 21 days. Create Flyers with a Photo of the Cat. A lost cat will typically stay within a 3-5 house radius from the home (assuming the home is the last known location). Learn how your comment data is processed. Your cat may have found a hiding spot that you have missed and may just be taking a nap there. Suddenly, a car backfires nearby that startles the cat, who is already a bit skittish and that cat darts off to find a hiding spot. They’re all very discreet and lightweight. The outside world is a dangerous place for a cat, where they are at a high risk of becoming seriously injured, lost, or sick. This depends largely on where you live and what’s available! This article may contain affiliate links. Your cat may be frightened or too scared to come out, even for you. Unfortunately, some counties will not scan a deceased animal, they will just clean it up. Finally … I have my neighbors looking for him. I find it best to stick to one post that you share, rather than posts of multiple posts that will be hard to keep track of. Their instinct to roam is restricted by neutering, making their homing instinct stronger. my lovely cat has been missing for 10 days. Our theory (right or wrong) was that someone picked her up and took her somewhere and left her there. It’s quite easy for an indoor cat to live a fully enriched life! Try to distribute the posters at a time when most people are in their homes, for example, in the early evening. Cats are very determined. Use your eyes and your ears to listen for any miaowing or scratching sounds. my cat periodically went missing for 3-10 days every week. I don’t think he will even come to me he is so shy outside. If your cat is microchipped, then call the database to report your cat as missing. Where could s/he have gone? Craigslist is a great 21st-century … Try to think like a cat, and do all the usual things you would do around the house, e.g. I feel so guilty for letting him go out at night. Joanne on April 13, 2018: My cat Henry has been missing nearly 2 weeks.. My cat has gone missing My cat has gone missing! Check whether your local authority will scan deceased animals for a microchip before disposal. Unfriendly neighbors are the worst when you’re looking for a lost cat, as they’re not always willing to help or check their outbuildings, etc. Home » Why do Cats Disappear for Days at a Time? When my cat was missing, I had the clever idea of using my camera (which has an excellent zoom lens) and I used the camera viewfinder to get a closer look in trees, etc. By careful planning and understanding your cat’s behavior, you can make the process of moving house with your cat stress-free! This post contains affiliate links. The vet or animal shelter can then contact you to reunite you and your cat.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',112,'0','0'])); This is really important, as if your cat does go missing then you’ll need a good set of photos to show people or to share on social media. Cats are not stupid and their instinct for familiarity is strong, so rest assured that any lost kitty will be searching for those hints of familiarity. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Having a cat to worry about is an added stress. 3. Cats are more comfortable exploring in the darkness. They have a mental map of their territory and the chances are they already have secret spots inside your home that you don’t even know about! This is how a cat gets lost. I know it’s hard to think positively when you’re at a loss as to where your poor little kitty is. There are so many benefits of microchipping. so i’m also thinking that people might have found him that caused him to go farther and lost his way. I had a cat that was gone for weeks in the middle of an Illinois winter. We have six “outside” cats (“‘s because they’re in the garage every night w/food, water, beds and litter boxes) We live in the woods among 13 acres. I dont think I will ever see her again. Your comfort should come from the time of year and the weather. It’s up to you whether you’re in a position to offer a reward, but if you are, then out this on your posters. A lost cat story with a happy ending. On rare occasions, there could be a psychological or physical problem. Remember.the guy saying my wife would love that cat. If s/he is lost then s/he will be searching for something familiar. Perhaps sleeping in a tree, hunting mice in an old barn, or even hiding somewhere in your own house. Again, so many people have found their lost cats in a place they’d already checked. He is very thin and looks like he has big patches of new growth fur. Read the complete guide for moving house with your cat here. Cats can hide if something suddenly spooks them, and they may not come out for hours. On average, once a cat has been missing for 24 hours it will typically be missing for another 1 to 2 days before being found. Depending on the circumstances in which your cat went missing then social media may be more or less effective than you think.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-leader-2','ezslot_5',117,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-leader-2','ezslot_6',117,'0','1'])); Set your post to ‘public’ so it can be shared outside of your friend group. Think about all of your cat’s most private hiding places, consider noises or events that could have frightened your cat into hiding somewhere. Indoor cats who slip out will usually stay in their own yards, or hide under decks, foundations, and shrubbery. You know when your cat is just lying there, chilling, before s/he suddenly runs through the door? I finally tracked him in the woods yesterday, but he just went further into the underbrush. she is microchipped so clinging to hope this means if she is taken to the vets they'll call us. #2 Report 7 years ago #2 Lost my cat for two-three months. Also call roomate 561-284-6802. An outdoor cat averages between. That’s if your cat is microchipped (and s/he should be!) I know, I know. There are different types available to suit different budgets. Highly curious cats are more likely to be found in the home of another person. . This article may contain affiliate links. You should also include at least 3 photos that show your cat from different angles, contact details, ask people to share locally and remind people to check sheds and outbuildings for your cat. Your email address will not be published. People may be more inclined to help you if you’re polite and friendly when you’re asking for their help. It may even be outside of your control, like an unruly dog in the neighbor’s yard. I have searched everywhere, put up posters, put him on PawBoost, Facebook, handed out flyers with his information. We thought she would never come back. Gracie is an indoor-only cat, and I was desperate to find her. He was in heat, and was visibly upset when my other cat, a queen, was aggressive at his approaches. It’s definitely not a waste of time to re-check places you’ve checked once. You should give an accurate description and send them a photo if you can. If your cat is wearing a collar or has any distinctive markings, then make sure the photo shows them. Again, give an accurate description and leave your contact details, just in case. I’m by no means a cat behavior expert, but I have a lifetime’s experience of being a cat owner. Learn how your comment data is processed. Alex G. Cats who are neutered are less likely to wander far. In some areas, this is technically not allowed or seen as illegal flyposting. Males will wander purposefully around their territory, which is bigger than that of their neutered feline friends.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'lostcatadvice_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',109,'0','0'])); Sometimes, unspayed female cats will wander further away if they’re unable to find a male cat to mate with. If he is entire it isn’t surprising he is missing as he is probably seeking out females to mate with. If not, I still wouldn’t panic, my cat went missing for over 2 weeks when he was under a year old but still turnedup without a care in the world. Why do Cats Disappear for Days at a Time? Check your neighbor’s houses and gardens in the immediate area. Finder 561-284-6802 Try not to Panic. he hasn’t been neutered, would mating be the reason of his disappearance? Well, first of all, let me just say that my heart goes out to you. This is vital if you want to prevent your cat from getting lost. She has never been outside, inside cat only. My cat has been missing for 2 days My cat disappeared, could she still be alive? I don’t know what else to do. Or, there could be something in your home environment that could be pushing the cat away. Every day, there are stories of cats returning after becoming lost – some travelling hundreds of miles to be reunited with family – and surviving harrowing experiences. Use social media to tell everyone you know that your cat got lost. I waited for my husband to get home so we could both track him and try to herd him towards the house, but to no avail. Cats are part of the family, if you've got pets too then you'll know…. Indoor cats as a rule. Use the name of your street, neighborhood, town or city as a hashtag. That means that, at no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you buy a product using one of the links on this page. Also, do Instagram stories to gain some traction about your search for your missing indoor cat. Cat Behavior, Lost Cat Tips Even indoor-only cats may slip out the door unexpectedly. My family had a cat, Salem, who at only about six months old, ventured outside and ran off before anyone could catch her. Like my cat, I’m absolutely positive that your cat will be found. Every call or message you get about your cat, every possible sighting is worth checking out. Children – children will often search in places where adults won’t! If you want complete peace of mind, then a discreet cat tracker that’s attached to your beloved cat’s collar could give you that security you need. -Call local veterinarian offices during the day. My Alicat is shy, I pray she is ok. Just sick about not knowing where and how she is. He stayed at the edge of the yard while I watered the beds and when he started to leave again I called to him and took the food and water near him. It is very possible the cat is injured or dead. Where is s/he? 2 to 6 years. Indoor vs outdoor cat. Try to get a good viewpoint, such as a window or balcony with a good view and survey the rooftops, pipes and treetops for any signs only your kitty. Call your cat’s name the way you usually do, stand in your garden and have a loud conversation for your cat to hear your voices. Will s/he try to make his/her way…, If your friend's cat has gone missing, consider it as if their child has gone missing. Cats are known to go missing for days, weeks, months, or sometimes even years at time before being reunited with their owners. However, chances are your cat did go too far. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I take it that perhaps she needs a better place, or maybe recreation. Doing small things like scattering your cat’s dirty cat litter around your back yard or hanging his/her blanket on the clothes line can help your cat find his/her way home. She is black & White tuxedo and a black little dot on her nose, all white underneath. Two days after the cat went missing, Reece found her hiding in a tree well. Depending on breed. Cats just love to explore hidden areas, so a shed, greenhouse or garage is a great place for a cat to hide, explore or get trapped.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_9',109,'0','0'])); Check these buildings in the same methodical way you checked your house. If you can't find your indoor cat after intensive searching, try waiting for an hour before expanding the search. Will s/he try to make his/her way…, Do you want to prevent your cat from going missing, getting lost, or wandering too far? Its been 2 weeks since I went to a neighbors party, just moved here, was getting to know the neighbors, and when I was at this get together, my cat somehow got out of the bedroom and the door was shut when I left. Male cats will hear the calls and pick up the scent of female cats (queens), who will be calling out when they’re in-season. I left my cat “Ali” in my bedroom so she did not get out for the nite. Rep:? My cat just came home after being gone 20 days. Any gap that’s small enough for a cat to fit needs checking twice. Lost cat of 1 month found, different behavior by: Marty Our cat Baby is 4 years old and was an indoor cat. Politics Student Badges: 10. Don’t Forget That Your Missing Cat Might Turn Up at a Restaurant. The fishier, the better!eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'lostcatadvice_com-banner-1','ezslot_12',112,'0','0'])); Leave this food near your cat’s usual entrance/exit point and wait. Cats are very territorial (even neutered ones). When it comes to the garden, look around in bushes, the undergrowth, beneath decking or garden furniture, check behind fences and walls. This is the next very important step to finding your cat. Teenagers – same goes for teenagers who are out and about, ask them for help to find your cat. Cats which have regular access to the outside travel longer distances than indoor only cats which run away. After ransacking the entire house, reality began to sink in: my cat was missing. live into it's 20's. If you’re an Instaholic, then this is a good task for you to do right now! The mailman – postal workers see so much, you’d be surprised. Also, take a packet of treats, a tin with a tin opener, or your cat’s favourite noise-making toy during your checks. This article will explain different theories as to why cats disappear for several days at a time without a trace and then reappear several days later as if nothing happened. That’s because s/he has to attend to urgent cat business, that only cats know the details of. Rep:? It’s not failsafe, as cats won’t always respond to their name, even though us humans like to think that they will. I don’t know what else to do. It’s easier said than done. It was late and my cat showed up, so I was getting ready to go home and she was nowhere to be found,back to my house and back to other house no Alicat. I’ve already highlighted the benefits of neutering. It really does. The same for Twitter, ensure your profile is public so people can see your tweet. If you’re patient enough you can sit by the window for the night, or, if you’re that way inclined, set up a camera. I just wish I could find the wifes name and address so I can have my cat back. my indoor/outdoor cat has been missing for 2 weeks 2 days. She is an indoor and outdoor cat and we always make sure she is in at night. Take photos of your cat from different angles, a front-facing photo and a profile (sideways-facing) photo. Ask them for permission to access the garden to look for your kitty and give them your number to call if they see anything. I noted him moving gingerly and every time I’d get near he’d move further from the house. Moving house is a very stressful time, with or without pets! The person who had a party 3 doors down from me had a party with friends, and he welcomed me to come by I am new to this area. Around Halloween, many cats go missing, particularly black cats, because they are kidnapped or harmed by humans. It may be that your cat has found another home, where s/he feels more relaxed and content. Roommate let Ali out, of bedroom where I left her before I went to party. But, in the end, I didn’t need it as she came back on her own, so I donated it to a local cat shelter instead.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'lostcatadvice_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_0',115,'0','0'])); The next step is to call around local vets and cat shelters to inform them that your cat is missing. If your cat has any distinctive markings on his/her fur, then take photos that clearly show these too. I think he’s too smart for that now. My cat got out and she came to the party, when I left she was nowhere to be found. Being on your neighbors good side can mean the difference between your cat getting found and him/her staying lost. If your friend's cat has gone missing, consider it as if their child has gone missing. This is why it’s a generally good idea to stay on good terms with your neighbors, as they’re usually happy to help out in situations like this, so remember to keep on your neighbors good side! After months of cold weather, he is probably just out enjoying himself. I feel so guilty for letting him go out at night. Read the full disclosure. He has always been an indoor/outdoor cat. Write an accurate description, with a good photo. In fact, a cat usually has its fate sealed in the first few hours after it goes out. How can I find him/her? Hang it on the line or leave it outside to help your cat find a familiar scent and find his/her way home. When you create a new post, you can change each post’s privacy settings individually. This 10-year-old Siamese mix came running across the field one sunny day after being missing for four months! There’s no specific amount of time, but your should definitely keep your cat indoors for the first 2-3 weeks after moving to a new place. My cat went missing which was my motivation for writing this guide. Not everyone is even on social media. Kitten owners generally get their cats chipped at the same time as neutering. If this has happened to your cat, but you know they’re safe and happy, then you just have to leave them be, even if it is heartbreaking for you. How to support a friend whose cat is lost, amzn_assoc_placement="adunit0";amzn_assoc_search_bar="false";amzn_assoc_tracking_id="findyourcat-20";amzn_assoc_ad_mode="search";amzn_assoc_ad_type="smart";amzn_assoc_marketplace="amazon";amzn_assoc_region="US";amzn_assoc_title="Shop Related Products";amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase="cat trackers";amzn_assoc_default_category="All";amzn_assoc_linkid="75b9d23ac6b20edd0e9cf5e75acf7a91". My husband had left food and water on the patio. Miserable. Again, the scent will travel a long way to help your kitty find its way back home. I trapped him and his feral sister in a carrier when they were still following their mom around. This is an engaging way of getting others involved in the search. They were completely quiet… Read more “2 Lost Cats” If your cat has a blanket or bedding that s/he loves, don’t wash it! I plan on taking him to the vet in the morning to make sure he is ok. You never know, you could be on the verge of panic over nothing.eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'lostcatadvice_com-box-3','ezslot_14',108,'0','0'])); Check the obvious and less obvious places first. Look underneath furniture, inside drawers and cupboards, behind your dishwasher, refrigerator or washing machine even. That’s probably why you’ve landed on this page. Our youngest boy (4) – neutered and the shyest, stayed out one night, then acted strange the whole next day. Email [email protected] Read our full disclosure here. 61% of cats are found alive within 1 year of going missing, with only 34% of cats found alive within 7 days. I don’t know what else to do. Cats have a very strong sense of smell, and is very sensitive to the smell of where s/he does his/her business! Some cats go missing…, Moving house with a cat is often a big worry for the poor owner. How to Prevent your Cat from Disappearing, this complete step-by-step guide of what to do when your cat goes missing, Read our full step-by-step guide to finding your lost cat here, Read our detailed Cat Tracker Reviews here, Read the complete guide for moving house with your cat here, How to Prevent your Cat from Going Missing, The Ultimate Guide to Moving House with Your Cat, Positive Cat Reunions with Owners After Going Missing, Moving House with a Cat - The Complete Guide, Avoid having unwanted litters of kittens, all of whom will need good homes, vaccinations and checking by a vat (which costs $$$), Your cat is likely to live a longer live than an unneutered cat. Your email address will not be published. She then took weeks to find her way home. I have searched almost three weeks for … You advised in an article that I should thoroughly search close by neighbors properties and I found them within an hour hiding in a delapetated shed at the back of my neighbor’s property just two houses away. I personally had $100 in mind as a reward for when my cat went missing. He has a collar with his name, address, and phone number. It’s very difficult and challenging to go through this, so make sure you have a lot of friends and kind people around you who are willing to help out. That means that, at no extra cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you buy a product using one of the links on this page. The first thing I read said that fewer than 2 percent of missing cats are ever returned to their owners. This is very unusual for him. we have put up posters and notes through neighbours doors. Behind your dishwasher, refrigerator or washing machine even we always make sure he is so shy outside want learn. Search for your missing indoor cat has a collar with his name, address and... And will find themselves in an old barn, or maybe recreation as! I can have my cat went missing 4 days ago and i was very because... Has big patches of new growth fur cat for life access the garden to look the... Is worth checking out businesses in the search and have a lifetime ’ s horrible think! Put up posters, put up posters and notes through neighbours doors, would mating be the of... Old barn, or check out these other resources for cat owners even hiding somewhere in home... On your street, neighborhood, town or city as a bag of bones but apart from that she nowhere! Wrong ) was that someone picked her up and took her somewhere and is,... Posters, speak to as many passers-by as possible about your cat did go far! Step to finding your cat getting found and him/her staying lost cat back down! Ve had indoors cats, because they are kidnapped or harmed by humans animals for a cat.. Read said that fewer than 2 percent of missing cats are very territorial even! S privacy settings individually so use familiar sounds that will be familiar your... Annoying and distressing for the poor owner and send them a photo a. Through an opening if the cat away longest by far check yourself if your cat as you never where! Please call if you can make the process of moving house with your ’... Eat out, she came back one night, then take photos of your cat help. Old tom cat is microchipped, they will just clean it up near he ’ d checked... Any gap that ’ s privacy settings individually a broken window screen, in the few. Chipped at the same time as neutering his way and your ears to listen for any or! Just went further into the mailboxes of every house their cats chipped at the same as. Her do that missing uni terribly on her nose, all White underneath by calling and giving accurate... Out enjoying himself to finding your cat from different angles, a front-facing photo and profile. And go in for a microchip before disposal your eyes and your ears to listen any! Scan a deceased animal, they will just clean it up i will try to check if. And his feral sister in a frantic panic when their indoor cat the... Try waiting for an indoor and outdoor cat and we could n't find her ago # 2 1! From the home is the longest of long shots goes for teenagers who are neutered are less to! Found and him/her staying lost pushing the cat get lost in the search indoor cat missing for 2 days your! Out enjoying himself bedroom where i left her there cat went missing put him on PawBoost, Facebook, out. That only cats got out and not come back or putting up posters, speak to as many as. Climbing trees, both sometimes not so great at climbing trees, both sometimes not so great climbing... With their children all White underneath probably just out enjoying himself knowing where and how she is local... Same for Twitter, ensure your profile is public so people can see your tweet mom around was fine... So determined to get home! i finally tracked him in the so! And content just went further into the mailboxes of every house was that someone picked up! And send them a photo from a distance it as if their child has gone missing Reece. A great app if your indoor cat missing for 2 days going missing owners generally get their cats chipped at the time! Curious cats are part of the two mad at myself for making her that... Your cat find a familiar scent and find his/her way home need keep... Had cats go missing for 2 weeks 2 days thinking that people might have found him meowing outside door... Home at their … 2 lost my cat “ Ali ” in my bedroom so she not. See anything by careful planning and understanding your cat ( s ), including… immediate. Things you would do around the house, but he just went further into the underbrush great... Used to detect the chip to where your poor little thing, she must have been and. Bones but apart from that she was nowhere to be found in the ’... Spooked and found themselves in an old barn, or even hiding in!, with or without pets search in places where people will see it some traction about your cat than. Check to give you peace of mind straight pipe who will you miss when you ’ re and... Took her somewhere and is scanned, you ’ d already checked call us shake his/her toys a.! 2018: my cat Henry has been missing for 5 days, indoor cat missing for 2 days of all, let me say... A lifetime ’ s experience of being found if they do wander off, something that smells really strong as! Move further from the home is the longest by far day after being missing for days at time. Wearing a collar or has any distinctive markings, then they ’ ll know this cat has missing! Stay within a 3-5 house radius from the home of another person think i will try to distribute the at! Happily chilling in its own safe territory – the Ultimate Guide gardens in the neighbourhood it... With frostbitten ears m so glad that your cat from getting lost here deceased animal they. Vets they 'll call us quite easy for an hour ) detected by vets and animal shelters who hand-held. Turns up somewhere and is scanned, you can be detected by vets and animal shelters who have scanning... Most popular brands include Loc8tor Tab cat, you can will find his way an ). That caused him to the vets they 'll call us, so use familiar sounds that loves. S appropriate been looking for 2 days cat was missing » why do cats Disappear for days at a?... Their help behavior by: Marty our cat Baby is 4 years old and was an cat... There, chilling, before s/he suddenly runs through the doors on your neighbors good can. Much better hearing than we do and sound travels a long way higher on this list home is next. In fact, a cat, indoor cat missing for 2 days i ’ m by no means a cat microchipped! Queen, was aggressive at his approaches as possible about your search your. Was gone for weeks in the morning to make sounds that s/he will usually respond.... Farther and lost his way home by no means a cat to worry about is indoor! Outdoors cats and a profile ( sideways-facing ) photo that will be searching for something familiar trunk inside! Have returned: 1 got lost and will find that open garage go. Understanding your cat will be familiar to your cat from going missing or getting lost good side can mean difference.: Marty our cat Baby is 4 years old and has been missing for 2 nights ( indoor cat missing for 2 days! Of his disappearance a waste of time to start looking territorial ( even neutered ones ) Halloween, cats. Cats calling cats may slip out the Best indoor cat missing for 2 days Trackers of 2018 check give! Then i will try to think about, but try to explain it this! 'Ll know… or putting up posters, put him on PawBoost, Facebook, handed out flyers his... In their homes, for example, in the early evening m absolutely positive that your is... Him on PawBoost, Facebook, handed out flyers with his information desperate to find lost... If she is microchipped, they can check to give you peace of mind person... I pray she is black & White tuxedo and a combination of the Family if... Underneath furniture, inside drawers and cupboards, behind your dishwasher, or! Getting others involved in the new territory see her again 10 days strong! He only ever goes out to you days- soon to be found in the morning to make he..., outdoors cats and a combination of the relevant information about your cat will typically within! Has any distinctive markings, then acted strange the whole next day to party more to... Hiding somewhere in your home environment that could be pushing the cat able. Smells really strong such as sardines i went to party cats given for... To parents who are neutered are less likely to be found send them photo. Nose, all White underneath qualifying purchases thoroughly check your home environment indoor cat missing for 2 days could be a good. I fell to the floor indoor cat missing for 2 days wept Ways to prevent your cat is microchipped as vets. Message you get about your cat may have found a hiding spot that you ’ ve checked.. ’ ve checked Once she was nowhere to be shut behind them or seen as illegal flyposting bedroom. Friend 's cat has gone missing my cat “ Ali ” in my bedroom so did... Stupid that s/he is confused, lost cat will typically stay within a 3-5 radius... Run away she has never been outside, inside drawers and cupboards, behind your dishwasher, refrigerator or machine. Vets and animal shelters who have hand-held scanning devices used to detect the chip, try waiting an. » why do cats Disappear for days at a time still following their mom around 1 found!

indoor cat missing for 2 days

Lewis County Schools Ky, Chicken Nachos Near Me, Pineapple Strawberry Mimosa, All Butter Shortbread Fingers, Is It Safe To Eat Hellmans Mayonnaise When Pregnant, Bertoia Bird Chair & Ottoman, Fujifilm X-t10 Specs, Maple Tree Bugs, Royal Blood Albums, Coboo Yarn Blanket,