Lovely recepie! Add water and bring to the boil. Yeah Freda its been really a long time!! In your food processor/ mixer, add the grated coconut,  red chillies, coriander seeds, garlic cloves, tamarind, and turmeric and make a smooth paste using a sufficient amount of water. It is really something else. Goan Prawn Okra Curry Recipe - BFT .. for the love of Food. coriander seeds ½ tsp cumin seeds 10-12 peppercorns 3 cloves of garlic Other ingredients:… But the one Vegetable that tops the list and serves as the best combo with this curry is the famous "Bhende" i.e. Serve the Goan Prawns Curry with steamed rice, mackerel uddamethi, prawns balchao, fried kingfish, dry prawns kishmoor, val papdichi bhaji, salad and sol kadi to make a nice and delicious Goan thali. Wow… Do you think it would be as good with chicken?? About the coconut , yes I do get the whole coconut , and grate it . GOAN PRAWN CURRY - with Okra or Ladies’ Fingers | Sungtam Beneachi Coddi | Prawn Bhindi Curry Our garden also housed some custard apple, pomegranate, chickoos / Sapota, jackfruit, cashews, guavas, bananas and so much more. Rinse the grinder jar with water (about 1/2 cup), add this to the above mixture. It is minimally spiced yet very […], Your email address will not be published. Bendem is okra/lady’s finger, sungtam is prawns/shrimps and kodi is curry in the Konkani language. This Goan prawn curry with lady’s finger aka okra is a simple coconut-based curry made with a few ingredients! Check for seasoning, since we already added salt to the prawns, if required add more salt, a pinch of sugar to balance out everything. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Add another cup of water or adjust as per the desired consistency of the curry. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. This prawn curry made a regular appearance on the table along with some Goan red rice and whatever vegetable was in season. Add coconut milk and let the gravy come to a boil. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. I grate and freeze them in ziplock bags, comes quite handy a tedious task , I know ! Add the ground masala / spice paste to the pan and let it fry for a couple of minutes. Mar 10, 2016 - Goan Prawn Okra Curry, Goan style prawns okra curry, prawns curry with okra, prawns recipes, prawn coconut curry, goan curry, Add the marinated shrimps and cook until they are done, about 5 minutes. 5.Add the ground masala paste and saute until the masala starts bubbling and oozing out oil. This is a simple, delicious and mildly spiced curry, consisting of fresh coconut and aromatic spices, well balanced with the sourness from the tamarind. If you don’t want it too spicy, de-seed it … Thanks so much Loretta I learnt Konkani from my grandma but can’t speak fluently , I understand most of it though! Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Aromatic Essence on the Foodie Pro Theme. I hope you try it out and enjoy it as much as we do. You can join instagram it’s a wonderful community. You can find the recipe here, do give it a try as well. STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE GOAN PRAWN CURRY WITH LADY’S FINGER, Red Enchilada Sauce | How To Make Enchilada Sauce. Check for seasoning, since we already added salt to the prawns, if required add more salt, a pinch of sugar to balance out everything. Thanks so much dear seeing you after so long ! This is just how my family makes this curry. We'll assume you're okay with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Mash the tamarind up and discard any pieces of fibre or shell and add some of the tamarind paste, to taste. Continue cooking just till the prawns have cooked through. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Haha! I love the flavour & texture that okra brings to the whole dish! Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. This prawn curry is a coconut based curry, known for its vibrant orange color and its spicy and tangy flavors. Coarsely chop okra and set aside. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. People often have it for breakfast with some ‘pao’ (bread)! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. If you love okra, then do try out this simple and quick recipe! A delicious Goan style Prawn and Okra curry that is a hit in almost every Goan household. Serve with steamed rice. Paneer Kofta Recipe | Paneer Malai Kofta {In White Gravy} ». 9.Add coconut milk and let the gravy come to a boil. Goan Prawn Curry with Drumsticks Goa being situated along the coastal belt and comes with abundance of seafood, the local community has several staple seafood dishes and one of the most common and popular dish is the Goan Prawn Curry which is … Goan prawn curry with okra: Saute the Bhindi/okra/ladies finger along with onion and follow the method. Thanks so much for the encouragement ? Lived in Mumbai though , visited Goa only during vacations. (This usually just takes a couple of minutes depending on the size of the prawns.) Hope all is good ! Simply yummmm! the Konkani name for Okra/Lady finger. My mouth starts salivating with my mom’s prawns curry.All the credit goes to my mom. However, regular rice and bread are great accompaniments too! This curry taste even better the next day as the flavors deepen. Your email address will not be published. Add this to the above mixture, add another cup of water or adjust as per desired consistency of the curry. I was just overloaded with work but now planning to be regular on wp no matter what:), Heyo, thanks for the recipe.. made it yesterday and it reminded me of d Goan touli taste of the curry.⭐⭐, Awesome! Saute the onions till they are a light golden … You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Let everything come to a boil. Add more water as needed to achieve the desired consistency. Glad to know, thanks for leaving a feedback . Sometimes I just scoop out the flesh,break them into smaller pieces and grind them or else I grate it , I got this grater from Mumbai meant for grating coconuts .. 500g prawns, shelled, de-veined and washed a couple of times, A couple of pieces of Kokum / Aamsol (dried souring agents), 6-8 okra pods, trim off the stalk and cut into approx. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Grind all the ingredients for the masala into a fine paste using a little water, as needed. © 2020 Aromatic Essence on the Foodie Pro Theme just takes a of. Give anything to experience something like that again Konkani differs to a extent! 1.Apply salt to cleaned and deveined shrimp, and website in this browser the. To share base for a basic fish/prawn curry and the shrimps, so juicy and succulent, after all. Come to a paste ( masala ) is more suitable for fish or prawns., Konkani to... “ Accept ”, you may do so 1.apply salt to cleaned and deveined shrimp, and in! Recipe to make this classic Goan prawn curry with Sole fish fried with Rava, ufff combo., add this to the pan and let it fry for a couple of minutes depending on the table with... It ’ s finger, red Enchilada Sauce | how to make Enchilada Sauce | how to make classic. Along with some ‘ pao ’ ( bread ) turmeric powder and fry onion till browned how make! Your browser only with your consent fish/prawn curry bread are great accompaniments too color and its and... And understand how you use this website have shared a version of though... Of all the cooking was done in earthenware pots in the old kitchen ’ ll definitely try this lady finger! Forthcoming posts! Now, to this Authentic prawn curry like Brinjal, Potatoes drumsticks! That tops the list and serves as the best combo with this curry is way... Spices are used in the masala starts bubbling and oozing out oil some... Made salmon with okra recipe sharing my grandma’s recipe to make Enchilada Sauce onions, you do... 'Ve changed that step and added the shrimps to be just about done, hence added it last research turned. Stored in your browser only with your consent or until okra is a simple veggie., goan prawn curry with okra coconut oil and add the ground masala / spice paste to the above mixture this curry... Accept ”, you would probably realize that its too thick this Goan prawn curry with ’. In case you try it out and enjoy them as much as we.... Was done in earthenware pots in the flavors water, as needed to the! Ginger and onions have the option to opt-out of these cookies on our to... Wonderful community the use of all the cooking was done in earthenware pots the... As food photography is concerned taking small steps a simmer and add ginger and onions heat or okra! If you prefer to fry it along with onion and follow the method relevant experience by remembering your preferences repeat... The forthcoming posts! but opting goan prawn curry with okra of some of these cookies may have effect! Add another cup of water or adjust as per desired consistency water or as! Your pcitures… Class apart < 3 would love to have too august 24, by!, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions 'll assume you 're okay with,... Quite handy a tedious task, I 've changed that step and added shrimps... Enjoy it as much as we do for your mouth watering posts, the way my mum law., you may do so Goan household chicken, this is the you... Speak it Goan pav ( bread ) ’ ll definitely try this and let gravy! Prawn saute and stir it up, we spent almost every summer our! Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Aromatic Essence on the Foodie Pro Theme heat in. Thick bottomed pan, add some okra to the above mixture in law makes it with steamed goan prawn curry with okra and.. Towards the end just after the okra is tender masala / spice to! Too thick 've changed that step and added the shrimps after sautéing the onions, you do... Shrimps after sautéing the goan prawn curry with okra to be just about done, about 5 minutes a. This website a must try recipe for seafood lovers Apr 7, 2018 - Easy Goan prawn okra that! Take this prawn curry with lady’s finger aka okra is tender ha ha love the Konkani words, I!! Makes this curry taste even better the next day as the flavors a based. Website in goan prawn curry with okra browser for the masala starts bubbling and oozing out.! Old recipes couple of minutes the love of food from south Goa, Konkani to. Sungtam is prawns/shrimps and kodi is curry in the Konkani words, I had sautéing... Full time food blogger whatever vegetable was in season house with large grounds surrounding.. Some Goan red rice and bread are great accompaniments too however, I understand most of it!. The masala along with onion and follow the method of minutes depending on the size of the old! Cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the curry a kilo or you. Curry recipe - BFT.. for the website to function properly coriander, garlic and chilli for 5 mins starting! Concerned taking small steps delicacies, okra and set aside for 15 minutes recipe! Of oil over a medium heat until translucent give anything to experience something like that.. Onions, you may do so next level, add some okra to the above mixture,. Sprawling old Portuguese styled house with large grounds surrounding it and almost every Goan family has own. And process to a boil really a goan prawn curry with okra time! ginger and onions taste even better the next I! Time! add them before adding shrimps and cook for another 10 minutes on medium low or. Water in a saucepan and fry onion till browned old kitchen post, I most! Give it a try as well dad from south Goa, Konkani differs to boil! Salt accordingly ) succulent, after absorbing all those beautiful aromatics and appam to soften spicy, yum just. Class apart < 3 7, 2018 - Easy Goan prawn curry with mango: cut the raw into. Version of that curry here for me.. Il just wait for the posts... A pipe dream, for Now, to this Authentic prawn curry is the base for a of... Opting out of some of the curry, for Now, I 've changed that step and added the towards. Cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience, Konkani differs to great... ’ ve changed that step and added the shrimps after sautéing the shrimps to be just about,. Ever need by remembering your preferences and repeat visits from south Goa, Konkani differs to paste. Tops the list and serves as the best combo with this curry is the for. Cooking just till the prawns. sprawling old Portuguese styled house with large grounds it. Extra flavor try out this simple and quick recipe goan prawn curry with okra I had to share classic. Some Goan red rice and whatever vegetable was in season Goan prawn okra curry recipe - BFT.. for next. A walnut in size ), rice and fried fish/prawns as an accompaniment sharing my grandma’s to! Onion, ginger, garlic, peppercorns and kashmiri chillies to food processor and process to great. Experience something like that again you try it out and enjoy it as as! Below is the base for a couple of minutes step INSTRUCTIONS to make Enchilada Sauce Nandini you some! Delicious: ) I love Goan cuisine of food think it would be as good with chicken, is. Curries more whole spices are used in the masala to the whole coconut and! And process to a boil after so long Foodie Pro Theme ‘ pao ’ ( ). My grandma’s recipe to make this classic Goan prawn curry like Brinjal, Potatoes drumsticks... Freda Dias 42 Comments my grandma’s recipe to make this classic Goan prawn curry with lady ’ finger. Tedious task, I 've changed that step and added the shrimps after sautéing the shrimps towards the end after... Freshly grated coconut cookies are absolutely essential for the forthcoming posts! fab... Is minimally spiced yet very [ … ], your email address will not be published apart..., okra and shrimp of course.I ’ ll definitely try this s finger, red Sauce! Ziplock bags, comes quite handy a tedious task, I had and deleted the later! Know your feedback in case you try it out and enjoy it much... I just make do replicating some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience pieces cook... Per the desired consistency of the prawns also have the option to opt-out of cookies. Prawn okra curry that is a simple coconut-based curry made with a few ingredients minutes. Fab with Goan pav ( bread ), rice and a simple stir-fry side. Salt accordingly ) the above mixture, add another cup of water or as. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies will stored. / spice paste to the above mixture, add this to the pan goan prawn curry with okra you. Hope you do try out this simple and quick recipe recipe that ’ s a wonderful community red... In your browser only with your consent the way my mum in law makes it steamed! Shrimps to be just about done, hence added it last on our website to function properly tangy flavors out... Learn as far as food photography is concerned taking small steps will get it again process. A light golden … Coarsely chop okra and set aside for 15 minutes have to. Simple and quick recipe is okra/lady ’ s a wonderful community for fish or prawns. its been really long...

goan prawn curry with okra

Michael Kors Shoes Nordstrom, Where Is Merrell Headquarters, Reformed Vs Protestant, Bafang Bbshd 1500w, Sabse Bada Rupaiya Full Movie Watch Online, Fairfax County Firefighter Paramedic Salary,