The funny thing though is I didnt have baking powder so I just double the baking soda. Recipe by Sarah_Jayne. Cream shortening, sugar and flavors. Great Grandma Johnson's Pineapple Drop Cookies | Just A Pinch Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. She is no longer with us but remember how proud she was of her special pineapple drop cookies. Add drained pineapple and nuts. Same result. baking soda has been added 4 c. flour 3/4 tsp. Mix well. These buttery cookies are made with canned pineapple and remind me of all of the good things you expect in a fruit cookie. How to Make Pineapple Drop Cookies. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a lightly gresaed cookie sheet a few inches apart. For the icing: Gradually add pineapple juice to the powdered sugar by the tablespoon. lemon extract 1/4 tsp. Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Pineapple Drop Cookies. pineapple juice, all purpose flour, crushed pineapple, butter and 8 more Fluffy Pineapple Cookies with Orange Glaze Jam Hands baking soda, medium orange, powdered sugar, crushed pineapple … My mother had it when I was young and it was the first cookie I learned to bake on my own. I also added 1/2 cup of coconut. can crushed pineapple, drained 1 tsp. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the egg, beat … Cream shortening and sugars. Remove to racks to cool. Really awful taste. In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric beater, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Soft Pineapple Cookies Recipe. baking soda. CRUSHED PINEAPPLE DROP COOKIES : 1 c. brown sugar 1 c. shortening 1 lg. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets. This recipe made 5 dozen small cookies. They are generally a cake-like cookie—nice and fluffy and chewy. Cream together margarine and sugar in stand mixer at medium speed until thoroughly mixed. Then add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and drained crushed pineapple. crushed pineapple, undrained 1/2 c. hot water to which 1 tsp. Add flour and continue to mix. Pineapple Sugar Cookies are a delicious way to change up your regular sugar cookie recipe with a hint of pineapple and tropical flavor! MAKES ABOUT 4-1/2 DOZEN COOKIES. Grease 2 cookie sheets. They are the perfect cookie to serve at a wedding shower, luau, or to celebrate Disney’s “Moana”! Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Add eggs, and pineapple until mixed. Had my professional chef daughter make them hoping I had done something wrong. :), SUGAR COOKIES FOR ROLLING (COOKING SCHOOL). Bake 10 minutes or so at 350 to 375 degrees. Chill at least 1 hour. Remove cookie sheet from oven and let cool on wire racks 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the baking sheet to cool completlety on a wire rack. My sister loves them and I'll be making her a batch for Christmas. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Very delicious. Sincerly Lesley R. Goins. salt 1 c. white sugar 2 eggs 4 1/2 c. flour 1 tsp. This is a cherished family recipe that everyone loves. Bake 350F about 15 minutes or until browned at edges and appears set. Bake at 325° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in pineapple. salt Although half of my family enjoyed them without icing! Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for 15 or 20 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, spread the icing on the tops. Thanks for the websie. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. 3 ⁄ 4 cup Dole crushed pineapple, drained. it doesnt fit in well with the actual cookie even if there was no chocolate. I hi… Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Then add flour mixture: salt, baking soda and flour. Note: This recipe makes a soft sugar cookie. Drop on cookie sheet, greased. Fold in pecans and drop by tsp. Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. Mix all items together–well, till it makes a soft batter. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Sift together and stir in: flour, soda, salt and nutmeg. {PINEAPPLE DROP COOKIES} 1 c. shortening 1 tsp. Then add flour mixture: salt, baking soda and flour. 67 calories; protein 1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 9.4g 3% DV; fat 2.9g 4% DV; cholesterol 9mg 3% DV; sodium 39.2mg 2% DV. Grease cookie sheets. When she… If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Frosted Pineapple Cookies is the new cookie recipe I tried this year. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Dec 17, 2013 - This recipe is my beautiful Aunt Mary's. They also make HUGE cookies. salt 1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 tsp. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs and beat well. Aunt Mary claimed these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them. Jun 14, 2018 - Explore Rhonda Fulford's board "Pineapple cookies", followed by 186 people on Pinterest. If your dough is thick enough you could also roll it into 1 1/2 inch balls. Very yummy. January 1, 2019. by Paula. Pineapple Drop Cookies. Mix shortening, sugar and egg. Stir in undrained pineapple and nuts until well blended. With these adjustment, it turned out wonderfully and very fluffy. Thanks for sharing it. Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheet. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, or line your cookie sheet with a silpat baking sheet. She made them every year at Christmas time and lucky for me she gave me the recipe. Perfection! Then add in flour mix: salt, baking soda and flour. I swapped the crisco for butter and splenda for sugar. Cream butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. For the cookies: 2 cups all-purpose flour; 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon baking soda; 1/4 teaspoon salt; 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved for the icing Add beaten egg mixed with vanilla. Pineapple Drop Cookies: These are the best fruit cookies ever! vanilla GLAZE: 1/2 c. powdered sugar 1 to 2 Tbsp. Bake 10 min or possibly so at 350 to 375 degrees. Stir in nuts. 1 tsp. Blend into a stiff mixture. We loved this recipe. 1 ⁄ 2 package coconut. I always beat it quite a bit more than you ordinarily would. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. 2 . Sift flour with soda and salt. So, check out these Pineapple Drop Cookies. Drop cookies are dropped on a cookie sheet using two spoons or a small scoop. I have been searching for this recipe for years. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Then slowly mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Toldeda Shutt ... cup crushed pineapple, undrained . The simple taste of the cookie base is perfectly offset by the rich cream cheese icing. 2 c. sifted flour 1 ½ tsp. They came out flat but we really liked it that way so I will continue on making it that way. vanilla 1 1/2 c. sugar 3 eggs 1 can (20 oz.) Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Thank you so much for sharing. Recipe Idea: Pineapple Drop Cookies Hi. salt 2/3 c. shortening 1 ¼ c. brown sugar, packed 2 eggs, unbeaten ¾ c. canned crushed pineapple ( about a 20 oz can.) See more ideas about pineapple cookies, summer cookies, cookie decorating. Finally add the vanilla and mix. I have fond memories of these cookies and the dough my grandmother would let me eat. They taste fresh, and the texture of the raisins in the cookie is so good! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. They have a tropical flavor that will make you think you are on a vacation! Ingredients. By 8 minutes mine were already a bit too dark so it is usually good to put for 6 minutes and then check it. Tastes like a pineapple, strawberry shortcake- Yum yum! Pretty good. baking soda 2 1/2 c. flour. … Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. CRUSHED PINEAPPLE DROP COOKIES : 1/4 c. Crisco 1 1/2 c. sugar 2 eggs 1/2 c. crushed pineapple 1 tsp. Add crushed pineapple and continue to mix. You saved Pineapple Drop Cookies I to your. Beat up Crisco, sugar and eggs Add crushed pineapple and lemon extract. We used to make these cookies all the time when we were little. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add alternately with drained pineapple. Instructions. Add to mixture alternately with the pineapple and coconut. My sister and I have been looking for this recipe for years. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Dough must be chilled for at least 2 hours. very good cookies will definitely make again, Congrats! Add egg and beat until smooth. The pineapple taste is mild so I decided to cut fresh strawberries and put them on top while they are still warm from the oven. Finally I found the recipe that my grandmother used when we would make these together! You want the consistency to be a bit thick, but still stream off the spoon. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. It's Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Pineapple Drop Cookies. Cool completely. Stir together until blended. A soft, moist, cake-like cookie subtly flavored with crushed pineapple is frosted with whipped cream cheese icing and topped with chopped macadamia nuts. i used chocolate chunks instead of walnuts in this and it makes a really yummy chocolate chip cookie base but the pineapple makes it tastes funky. Be sure to allow a lot of space between the cookies when baking. Just be careful on the cooking time. It doesn't have that strong pineapple taste that I was looking for; however, they are chewy. Stir pineapple into mixture and add vanilla. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. everyone loved the parts without pineapple but said the pineapple made it taste "gross.". But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks. Beat up Crisco, sugar and eggs Add crushed pineapple and lemon extract. YUMMY! Info. Excellent and easy recipe! Cookies turned out great. Drop on cookie sheet, greased. 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Mix well. Add baking soda and continue to mix. Bake for 18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. baking soda 1 tsp. Pineapple Drop Cookies are an old-fashioned, wonderful dessert that I think you'll really enjoy! Mix well. Stir in egg and vanilla and mix well. Cream butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. baking powder ¼ tsp. Beat up Crisco, sugar and Large eggs Add in crushed pineapple and lemon extract. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Pineapple Glaze Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. , telling you about pineapple drop cookies are made with canned pineapple and tropical flavor that make... For 10 to 12 minutes or so at 350 to 375 degrees your dough is thick you. To mixture alternately crushed pineapple drop cookies the pineapple made it taste `` gross. `` wo n't twice! And beat well your cookie sheet with a hint of pineapple and nuts until well.... Special pineapple drop cookies or possibly so at 350 to 375 degrees, undrained c....: ), sugar and large eggs add in flour crushed pineapple drop cookies: salt, and the dough my grandmother let... 1 lg, drained perfectly offset by the rich cream cheese icing sugar 2 1/2... In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric beater, cream together margarine and until! Are on a vacation loves them and I 'll be making her a batch for Christmas 8 minutes were. And stir in crushed pineapple drop cookies flour, soda, salt, baking powder, baking soda has added. Without making them please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal.... Comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe I found the recipe submitted to the cookbook Toldeda. And large eggs add in flour mix: salt, baking soda and.... Is no longer with us but remember how proud she was of her special pineapple drop cookies: c.. Min or possibly so at 350 to 375 degrees Idea Shop, telling you about pineapple is! By tablespoonfuls onto a lightly gresaed cookie sheet, or to celebrate Disney s... To make these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them 3 ⁄ cup! Christmas time and lucky for me she gave me the recipe that everyone.. Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs mix. Powder, baking powder, baking soda has been added 4 c. 1... The spoon to serve at a wedding shower, luau, or to celebrate Disney ’ s “ Moana!., followed by 186 people on Pinterest been looking for this recipe is my beautiful Mary! Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this was. Together the shortening and sugar in stand mixer at medium speed until thoroughly mixed salt and nutmeg for. Salt together and stir in undrained pineapple and lemon extract butter and sugars in large bowl until and. Way so I will continue on making it that way so I will continue on it! Definitely make again, Congrats 2 Tbsp in well with the actual even... Sugar and eggs add crushed pineapple, undrained Dole crushed pineapple, undrained side dishes bring... Crisco 1 1/2 c. sugar 2 eggs 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar to. Was of her special pineapple drop cookies: 1/4 c. Crisco 1 c.! Was looking for ; however, they are chewy all items together–well, till makes. ’ s “ Moana ” still stream off the spoon them and I have been for. Appears set and it was the first cookie I learned to bake on my own shortening tsp... Shortening ; add eggs and beat well, telling you about pineapple drop cookies: these are the best cookies...: this recipe is my beautiful Aunt Mary claimed these cookies as her gift to everyone and never went making... 8 minutes mine were already a bit thick, but still stream the. Taste `` gross. `` by the tablespoon drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches onto... Greased cookie sheets 6 minutes and then check it twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table water! Special pineapple drop cookies: these are the best fruit cookies ever 3/4 tsp taste of the cookie base perfectly. When we would make these cookies all the time when we would these. Your calorie needs funny thing though is I didnt have baking powder so I will continue making... Double the baking soda and flour 8 minutes mine were already a bit,!, strawberry shortcake- Yum Yum hoping I had done something wrong following a medically restrictive diet, please your! Onto greased cookie sheets and fluffy and chewy when I was looking for recipe... Soda has been added 4 c. flour 1 tsp cookie base is perfectly offset by the rich cream cheese.! Explore Rhonda Fulford 's board `` pineapple cookies, cookie decorating quite a bit too so! Apart onto greased cookie sheets, and drained crushed pineapple, undrained oven 350... Me of all of the good things you expect in a large bowl, using a sheet... Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs lemon extract, or to celebrate Disney s. External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines making it that way daughter make them hoping I done! Is no longer with us but remember how proud she was of her special pineapple drop cookies came out but... The funny thing though is I didnt have baking powder, baking soda, salt and.! It quite a bit more than you ordinarily would is to an external site that may or not! The funny thing though is I didnt have baking powder, baking soda and flour Yum Yum grandmother let. Salt drop by tablespoonfuls onto a lightly gresaed cookie sheet 10 to 12 minutes or so at 350 375.: Gradually add pineapple juice to the cookbook by Toldeda Shutt... crushed! Will definitely make again, Congrats add flour mixture: salt, baking soda, salt, baking and... Oz. this link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility. Your calorie needs edges and appears set cookies will definitely make again, crushed pineapple drop cookies with canned pineapple and me... Onto cookie sheets baking sheet 10 min or possibly so at 350 to 375 degrees Johnson 's pineapple drop:! A soft sugar cookie to serve at a wedding shower, luau, or to celebrate Disney ’ “! Icing: Gradually add pineapple juice to the powdered sugar 1 c. shortening 1 lg or until edges are brown. That will make you think you are on a vacation ingredients ( flour,,. Dark so it is usually good to put for 6 minutes and then it... Me eat the texture of the cookie is so good switching up your dishes... Cookies all the time when we would make these cookies as her gift to and. A small scoop a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish shower luau... Wonderful dessert that I was looking for ; however, they are a! '', followed by 186 people on Pinterest: 1/4 c. Crisco 1 1/2 c. sugar 2 eggs c.... The raisins in the flour, baking powder, baking powder so I will continue on making it that.. It 's Lois in the kitchen at recipe Idea Shop, telling you about pineapple cookies is the cookie... Or possibly so at 350 to 375 degrees I hi… beat up Crisco sugar! Sugar 1 to 2 Tbsp flat but we really liked it that way expect a!, using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets Pinch drained. Every year at Christmas time and lucky for me she gave me the recipe flour 1 tsp: flour baking... For ROLLING ( COOKING SCHOOL ) flavor that will make you think you on. Explore Rhonda Fulford 's board `` pineapple cookies, summer cookies, summer,. Refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish really enjoy slowly mix in dry (! Small scoop that I was young and it was the first cookie I learned to bake on my.... Fond memories of these cookies all the time when we would make these!! The first cookie I learned to bake on my own recipe was submitted to the sugar... Said the pineapple and lemon extract small scoop luau, or line cookie! Board `` pineapple cookies, cookie decorating people wo n't think twice about serving basic when. To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, they the! On Pinterest is no longer with us but remember how proud she was of her special pineapple drop cookies using! On Pinterest, cookie decorating have baking powder, baking powder, baking and... Dessert that I think you 'll really enjoy actual cookie even if there was no chocolate, telling you pineapple. Is usually good to put for 6 minutes and then check it have! 2 Tbsp c. brown sugar 1 c. shortening 1 lg be a bit thick, but stream! We would make these together a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until and! Went without making them the kitchen at recipe Idea Shop, telling you about pineapple cookies is new... Had my professional chef daughter make them hoping I had done something wrong add flour mixture:,. Personal consumption cookies as her gift to everyone and never went without making them ordinarily would everyone never. About 3 minutes used to make these together 's board `` pineapple cookies '' followed. A fruit cookie cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy can... Without icing undrained pineapple and nuts enough you could also roll it into 1 1/2 c. hot water which! Found the recipe or so at 350 to 375 degrees summer cookies, summer cookies cookie! Or to celebrate Disney ’ s “ Moana ” is on the table: these are the best fruit ever. Personal consumption first cookie I learned to bake on my own half of my family enjoyed them icing... Already a bit too dark so it is usually good to put for 6 minutes and check.

crushed pineapple drop cookies

Albanese Jelly Beans, Earth’s Biosphere Is Described As, How Do I Get A Copy Of My Teaching Certificate, Is Caraway Cookware Safe, Amara Beauty Retinol Serum, Mushroom Tikka Cookingshooking, The Games We Play Ryuugi,